Default OT Anyone with children or with friends that have children

Take their bikes away from them, their dangerous

Also take their shoes away from them, too dangerous to be outside
walking.

Do not allow them outside of their room, too many things to bump into.

Do not let them outside, WAY too dangerous, what with insects that
bite, poison ivy, etc.

Round off all sharp corners in the home, including furniture, walls,
etc, then pad everything with a minimum of 3" of closed cell foam,
those hard walls and sharp corners are very dangerous.

Do not EVER take a child in a car, there is a chance of an accident.

Don't ever take a child in a boat, again, accidents happen.

You must home school your children, it's way too dangerous to allow
them on a school bus, and those school hallways are just way unsafe,
what with hard walls and floors, a fall could be a disaster.

A child should never, ever be allowed to play with another child, it's
just too risky.

The only downside that one may experience with this is their children
might be inclined to join the military to get some real life
experience instead of going to college.

On Jun 18, 8:48*am, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 05:25:29 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
You must home school your children, it's way too dangerous to allow
them on a school bus, and those school hallways are just way unsafe,
what with hard walls and floors, a fall could be a disaster

As hard as this maybe to believe, I've actually run into this exact
justification fo rhome schooling.

No joke. *:)

Yes, I have too, and it's no small wonder that those children grew up
to be afraid of everything.

wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 05:25:29 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
You must home school your children, it's way too dangerous to allow
them on a school bus, and those school hallways are just way unsafe,
what with hard walls and floors, a fall could be a disaster

As hard as this maybe to believe, I've actually run into this exact
justification fo rhome schooling.

No joke. *:)

One of the stooges who has been the most verbose about this seems to
not know too much

This link clearly disputes his opinion:

http://whatparentsshouldrealize.blog...llow-your.html

There are many, many studies linking linking parents overprotecting
children and stress, drug use, social withdrawel, inability to cope
with anxious moments, etc.
HK HK is offline

wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 05:25:29 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
You must home school your children, it's way too dangerous to allow
them on a school bus, and those school hallways are just way unsafe,
what with hard walls and floors, a fall could be a disaster

As hard as this maybe to believe, I've actually run into this exact
justification fo rhome schooling.

No joke. :)

One of the stooges who has been the most verbose about this seems to
not know too much

This link clearly disputes his opinion:

http://whatparentsshouldrealize.blog...llow-your.html

There are many, many studies linking linking parents overprotecting
children and stress, drug use, social withdrawel, inability to cope
with anxious moments, etc.

I was talking about keeping small kids off motorcycles and devices like
them, such as ATVs, crap-for-brains.

http://whatparentsshouldrealize.blog...ngerous-things...

There are many, many studies linking linking parents overprotecting
children and stress, drug use, social withdrawel, inability to cope
with anxious moments, etc.

I forgot, we also should never, EVER teach them to ride things like
motorcyles responsibly. They may then grow up to be responsible adults
and not need someone to do their thinking for them.

wrote:

[...]

I told all my kids about motorcycles - "You can't have one, and don't
get on one. Won't matter what a fantastically skilled and safe rider
you are when a car or truck pops you off the bike."
Of course we always lived in the city or close in burbs. Lots of
traffic. Might have done different in the sticks.
There's a million ways to teach responsibility.
Take them sky diving and teach them to rig their own chute.
Have them test the ice when ice fishing season starts.
Safe boating practices comes right to mind.
Just make sure every time they do something right they don't get
whipped. You need positive reinforcement of good behavior.
Fiscal responsibility is best taught early on. What I did with mine
was pay them a quarter to not eat dinner, then charge them 20 cents
for breakfast.
There were 7 of them, and they were allowed to pool resources, so they
learned teamwork too.
They all did just fine last I knew. Haven't heard from them in some
years.
Remember what Ann Landers said.
"Your children don't come from you. They come through you."
That was one wise lady.

--Vic

On Jun 18, 11:50*am, Gene Kearns
wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 05:25:29 -0700 (PDT), penned
the following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

I agree and they should not be permitted to fish or swim. Really......http://www.smh.com.au/news/unusual-t...-and-attacks-b...

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepagehttp://pamandgene.idleplay.net/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguidehttp://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *- Hide quoted text -

Exactly! There are just so many things that people allow their
children to do that must stop!
Checkers and Chess come to mind, the pieces are choke hazards.
My son loves to help me wash my truck, but I shouldn't let him do
that, there is a risk of slipping in the suds.
The list goes on!

New FAQ for the Children in This Group Steve Leyland ASA 4 January 27th 07 11:52 AM
Humor from children Calif Bill General 1 February 5th 06 09:55 PM
Children need adopting? Don White General 3 January 1st 05 04:20 PM
women and children first ? AC General 5 December 21st 04 07:02 PM