Default Firefox curiosity...

http://www.swsports.org/images/Pictures/firefail.jpg

Amusing...

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote in
:

http://www.swsports.org/images/Pictures/firefail.jpg

One must assume it takes a certain length of time to get Sir Jobs'
blessings on any new, especially FREEWARE, competing browser.

It's been over a year and the stupid iPhoney STILL doesn't have installable
software!

HK HK is offline

Larry wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote in
:

http://www.swsports.org/images/Pictures/firefail.jpg

One must assume it takes a certain length of time to get Sir Jobs'
blessings on any new, especially FREEWARE, competing browser.

It's been over a year and the stupid iPhoney STILL doesn't have installable
software!

Firefox 3.0 was scheduled to be released for download today and it was.

The servers on which it was located for download were overwhelmed by the
demand and burped.

I tried an iPhone about six months ago at an Apple store. It was and is
a p.o.s., and it uses the AT&T network, which also is a p.o.s.

HK wrote in news:eMKdnXWtWoSj-
:

Firefox 3.0 was scheduled to be released for download today and it was.

The servers on which it was located for download were overwhelmed by

the
demand and burped.

I'd forgotten about today until I saw your original message. The
download and install was under 6 minutes when I hit the server straight
from the webpage. I got one refusal to connect first, then it went fast
and furious the 2nd time.

I don't see any marked differences, except in a couple of features like
the self-searching history list which is different.

More bloatware....

I've been testing FF3 for Linux for a few weeks with one of the beta test
geniuses working on the Maemo Linux port for the Nokia N8xx Linux
tablets. Other than a couple bugs, it worked fine, even in Alpha
release. The neatest thing is they gave us two versions, full Firefox 3
with full menus, then a compact version I just love. For instance, the
Google search is incorporated right into the URL entry box. If you type
words, you get a search. If you enter a URL, it ignores the search and
goes straight there. Other functions have been streamlined for the
little 5" screen to make more room for the load of SPAM and what little
content is left on 99% of the non-private webpages.

FF3 on WinXP sucks up over 30MB of drive space, by itself, at least in
its directory, not shared files. On the Linux tablet, that comes down to
less than 4MB in Maemo Linux, works and looks exactly the same on the
smaller touchscreen. Ask yourself why....(c;

HK HK is offline

Larry wrote:
[...]

The firefox directory on my VISTA setup takes up about 25 MBs, and the
program tosses files elsewhere, so the space difference between your XP
and my VISTA is minimal. But these days, with terabyte drives out there,
what difference does 30 MB make? On my MacBook Pro, firefox takes up 45 MB.

The google search feature is incorporated in the "full" firefox, too, or
are you saying that feature is in the full version and the compact version?

I don't mess with LINUX. Apple OS 10.5 is as close as I get to unix
these days.

"HK" wrote in message
Larry wrote:
[...]

Makes a large difference in performance. Neglect the cost per megabyte, but
if you have to go out and read 40-50 mb, the system is slowed down and then
sticking it in memory, says I am spending a lot of time wasted because of
bloat.

On Jun 17, 10:17*pm, Larry wrote:
HK wrote in news:eMKdnXWtWoSj-
:

Firefox 3.0 was scheduled to be released for download today and it was.

The servers on which it was located for download were overwhelmed by

the
demand and burped.

I'd forgotten about today until I saw your original message. *The
download and install was under 6 minutes when I hit the server straight
from the webpage. *I got one refusal to connect first, then it went fast
and furious the 2nd time.

1/2 second for the download and 5 minutes 59.5 seconds for the
install?

'Tis a curiosity... Duke Nukem General 10 August 2nd 07 09:47 PM
Firefox Eisboch General 57 December 3rd 05 07:39 PM
Curiosity Shortwave Sportfishing General 0 July 17th 05 07:25 PM
Firefox 1.0 is Out... Eisboch General 5 November 10th 04 05:02 PM