Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Tolman to Bimini?

I've been wanting to sail to teh Bahamas from NW FL (near Carabelle)
but I realize that maybe a power boat would be better. I could
trailer my 20' Tolman Standard to Miami and then take her across to
Bimini. The Tolman would give better access to the cool places with
shallow water than the sailboat. I have outfitted the Tolman with a
full enclosure (removable) for camping. I have a 90 hp Yamaha and 9.9
hp backup.
However, the Tolman has only a 12.5 degree deadrise so she does pound
in any chop. The advice I see on the web is to go in Summer due to
low seas but being a FL native I know Summer is miserably hot and
would prefer Spring.
Bimini is only 48 nm from Miami and from there most runs are short.
It is the 48 nm run across the Gulf Stream that concerns me in the
Tolman. What do y'all think?

Bimini top Linwood General 5 June 18th 07 12:52 AM
Bimini top FREDO General 27 August 16th 06 06:05 AM
Slow progress on the Tolman [email protected] Boat Building 3 January 29th 06 03:55 AM
Delays in building the Tolman Skiff [email protected] Boat Building 0 December 5th 05 03:34 AM
Tolman Skiff [email protected] Boat Building 1 November 14th 05 02:20 AM