Default Bimini top

I am going to get a Bimini top installed on my 17.5' Crestliner fishhawk.
Any ideas how much I should expect to pay for this.

Also is sunbrella the best fabric or is there anything better?

Fredo

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
FREDO wrote:
I am going to get a Bimini top installed on my 17.5' Crestliner fishhawk.
Any ideas how much I should expect to pay for this.

Also is sunbrella the best fabric or is there anything better?

Fredo

About $350 for Sunbrella:

http://tinyurl.com/m24mh

Yep......and quite easy to install. ;-)

FREDO.

good luck with your top. yes, they seem to be popular with several
boats at the lake I attend.

Note to JimH:

If I keep my CCraft Scorpion, I'm thinking on having one custom made .
I've got pics from an orgional (which is way long out of production)
adn a local canvas shop says they can make one for a competetive price
over going with a buggy top.

Harry Krause wrote:
FREDO wrote:
I am going to get a Bimini top installed on my 17.5' Crestliner fishhawk.
Any ideas how much I should expect to pay for this.

Also is sunbrella the best fabric or is there anything better?

Fredo

About $350 for Sunbrella:

http://tinyurl.com/m24mh

wrote in message
ups.com...
FREDO.

good luck with your top. yes, they seem to be popular with several
boats at the lake I attend.

Note to JimH:

If I keep my CCraft Scorpion, I'm thinking on having one custom made .
I've got pics from an orgional (which is way long out of production)
adn a local canvas shop says they can make one for a competetive price
over going with a buggy top.

I had an '87 CC 210 Scorpion with a 5.7L...purchased new from a dealer going
out of business (Exit 9 Marina). I also had a custom top made for it (no
internet deals back then) but when up it looked no different than the ones
sold now on the net.....the ones you call buggy tops.

Are you sure you are not looking for a "convertible top"? The difference
between a convertible and bimini is that you cannot stand under a
convertible.

What year and size is your boat?

JimH wrote:
Are you sure you are not looking for a "convertible top"? The difference
between a convertible and bimini is that you cannot stand under a
convertible.

What year and size is your boat?

'83 169 Scorpion.(listed as 18 ft. on the title..go figure)

Yes, a "convertable" would probably be more descriptive. This top isn't
a straight back design though. nIt would have a raised curve in the
front, and about mid way back would have a "swallow tail" attaching to
the sides.

Kind of hard to describe. but looks pretty good.

wrote in message
ups.com...

JimH wrote:
Are you sure you are not looking for a "convertible top"? The
difference
between a convertible and bimini is that you cannot stand under a
convertible.

What year and size is your boat?

'83 169 Scorpion.(listed as 18 ft. on the title..go figure)

Yes, a "convertable" would probably be more descriptive. This top isn't
a straight back design though. nIt would have a raised curve in the
front, and about mid way back would have a "swallow tail" attaching to
the sides.

Kind of hard to describe. but looks pretty good.

If you cannot stand underneath it at the helm or in the cockpit and if it
attaches to the windshield frame you will be uncomfortable under it in
anything but cool rainy conditions.

JMO. Don't say I didn't want you. ;-)

" JimH" not telling you @ pffftt.com wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
ups.com...

JimH wrote:
Are you sure you are not looking for a "convertible top"? The
difference
between a convertible and bimini is that you cannot stand under a
convertible.

What year and size is your boat?

'83 169 Scorpion.(listed as 18 ft. on the title..go figure)

Yes, a "convertable" would probably be more descriptive. This top isn't
a straight back design though. nIt would have a raised curve in the
front, and about mid way back would have a "swallow tail" attaching to
the sides.

Kind of hard to describe. but looks pretty good.

If you cannot stand underneath it at the helm or in the cockpit and if it
attaches to the windshield frame you will be uncomfortable under it in
anything but cool rainy conditions.

JMO. Don't say I didn't want you. ;-)

OMG..........."WARN you", not "WANT you". How funny!!

JimH wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

JimH wrote:

Kind of hard to describe. but looks pretty good.

If you cannot stand underneath it at the helm or in the cockpit and if it
attaches to the windshield frame you will be uncomfortable under it in
anything but cool rainy conditions.

JMO. Don't say I didn't want you. ;-)

I've thought of that. But the windshield does open in the center, and
it's open bow. Besides, it will have ample (I think) side vents that
don't come tight around the side shields. basicly I'd say that even
though attaching at the windshield, it will be open like a buggy top.
BTW, I have a couple `2 v electric fans in the boat now. and they
circulate the air well. I not only need the shade, but also because of
the boats power, or lack of, I want to cut down ont he wind resistance
as well, thusly attaching to the windshield.

I don't know if it's because the bimini's are too tall or not fitted
properly, but when Carlyle lake gets pretty wavy, I see boats with tall
bimini's bobbing around out there, and with the swaying it doesn't look
to me like they give much sun protection anyhow.

All in all, I might be disapointed witht he outcome, but if so..? it's
so!

JimH wrote:

JMO. Don't say I didn't want you. ;-)

Warning being noted.

Also, about the too tall bimini's. they seem like they only offer sun
protection when the sun is almost if not directly over head.