Default On the other hand...

I just stumbled across the perfect combination for light tackle fresh
water fishing.

Berkely graphite "cherrywood" series rod - CWS562L and a Mitchell
Copperhead 225 graphite reel.

Wow - what a combination. The rod has got some real strength and the
reel seems perfectly matched. Took a couple of two pound largemouth
out of my pond this morning using six pound test and a purple Senko
wacky rigged and a watermelon Senko Texas rigged. Plenty of fight,
but no lack of strength - you could horse the fish through the weeds
if necessary.

What totally convinced me was the 18" pickeral on a spinner bait -
dang, horsed that beastie right up to the shore.

I'm impressed.
HK HK is offline

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
I just stumbled across the perfect combination for light tackle fresh
water fishing.

Berkely graphite "cherrywood" series rod - CWS562L and a Mitchell
Copperhead 225 graphite reel.

Wow - what a combination. The rod has got some real strength and the
reel seems perfectly matched. Took a couple of two pound largemouth
out of my pond this morning using six pound test and a purple Senko
wacky rigged and a watermelon Senko Texas rigged. Plenty of fight,
but no lack of strength - you could horse the fish through the weeds
if necessary.

What totally convinced me was the 18" pickeral on a spinner bait -
dang, horsed that beastie right up to the shore.

I'm impressed.

We have, I am told, decent sized pickerel on the Patuxent River beyond
the tidal zone. That's only a few miles from where I live. If I ever
bring my canoe down here, I'll have to give it a try on light tackle.

On Jun 11, 6:46*am, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
I just stumbled across the perfect combination for light tackle fresh
water fishing.

Berkely graphite "cherrywood" series rod - CWS562L and a Mitchell
Copperhead 225 graphite reel.

Wow - what a combination. *The rod has got some real strength and the
reel seems perfectly matched. *Took a couple of two pound largemouth
out of my pond this morning using six pound test and a purple Senko
wacky rigged and a watermelon Senko Texas rigged. *Plenty of fight,
but no lack of strength - you could horse the fish through the weeds
if necessary.

What totally convinced me was the 18" pickeral on a spinner bait -
dang, horsed that beastie right up to the shore.

I'm impressed.

I've got several Berkeley graphite rods, but not a cherrywood, I'll
have to look into it.

**** off COWARD
Senior Member

wrote:
I just stumbled across the perfect combination for light tackle fresh
water fishing.

Berkely graphite "cherrywood" series rod - CWS562L and a Mitchell
Copperhead 225 graphite reel.

Wow - what a combination. *The rod has got some real strength and the
reel seems perfectly matched. *Took a couple of two pound largemouth
out of my pond this morning using six pound test and a purple Senko
wacky rigged and a watermelon Senko Texas rigged. *Plenty of fight,
but no lack of strength - you could horse the fish through the weeds
if necessary.

What totally convinced me was the 18" pickeral on a spinner bait -
dang, horsed that beastie right up to the shore.

I'm impressed.

Sounds nice.. If I ever get out, you should let me try a couple of
casts.. Still hoping to get out soon, I will keep you posted as to
when I think I am ready for a day on the water...

New Hand Rail ..where, how, ??? Thomas Wentworth Cruising 6 June 12th 06 04:33 PM
giving you a hand Jonathan Ganz ASA 0 October 29th 04 10:42 PM
( OT) (I'll blame dyslexia for the earlier post) Right hand, Left hand -- Chief A boater General 2 September 29th 04 03:23 AM
( OY ) Right hand, Left hand -- Chief A boater General 0 September 29th 04 03:00 AM
Hand of God by Ken Whiting Andrea General 1 September 3rd 03 01:19 AM