[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline
Senior Member

Default On the other hand...

On Jun 11, 6:46*am, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
I just stumbled across the perfect combination for light tackle fresh
water fishing.

Berkely graphite "cherrywood" series rod - CWS562L and a Mitchell
Copperhead 225 graphite reel.

Wow - what a combination. *The rod has got some real strength and the
reel seems perfectly matched. *Took a couple of two pound largemouth
out of my pond this morning using six pound test and a purple Senko
wacky rigged and a watermelon Senko Texas rigged. *Plenty of fight,
but no lack of strength - you could horse the fish through the weeds
if necessary.

What totally convinced me was the 18" pickeral on a spinner bait -
dang, horsed that beastie right up to the shore.

I'm impressed.

Sounds nice.. If I ever get out, you should let me try a couple of
casts.. Still hoping to get out soon, I will keep you posted as to
when I think I am ready for a day on the water...