Thomas Wentworth

Default New Hand Rail ..where, how, ???

I am in need of two new hand rails. The ones on the top deck. They screw
through to a hand rail below deck. On the port side, the hand rail is a
little damaged, and I think the forward end is rotted.

Anyway,, where would one go to get a hand rail? This one has me stumped.

Wayne.B

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 01:00:58 GMT, "Thomas Wentworth"
wrote:

I am in need of two new hand rails. The ones on the top deck. They screw
through to a hand rail below deck. On the port side, the hand rail is a
little damaged, and I think the forward end is rotted.

Anyway,, where would one go to get a hand rail? This one has me stumped.

I've always had to get them custom made since no two of them ever seem
exactly alike. They are typically routed out of the edge of a wider
teak board and then ripped loose from the plank before final shaping.

Don White

Thomas Wentworth wrote:
I am in need of two new hand rails. The ones on the top deck. They screw
through to a hand rail below deck. On the port side, the hand rail is a
little damaged, and I think the forward end is rotted.

Anyway,, where would one go to get a hand rail? This one has me stumped.

Are you talking about the Teak handrails?
see http://ca.binnacle.com/index.php?cPath=117_228
DSK

Thomas Wentworth wrote:
I am in need of two new hand rails. The ones on the top deck. They screw
through to a hand rail below deck. On the port side, the hand rail is a
little damaged, and I think the forward end is rotted.

Anyway,, where would one go to get a hand rail? This one has me stumped.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...allpartial/0/0

Or if you don't like buying stuff from West Marine

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...Ep age%7EGRID

Or of you have the good sense to not want wood on the
exterior of your boat

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...%5Epage%7EGRID

Oh and one last place to look
http://www.flickr.com/photos/library_mistress/32310834/

DSK

MMC

You take measurements from your imaginary handrails on your imaginary boat,
transcribe the measurements to an imaginary teak board of the proper width
and thickness. Then pretend to cut the shape, router the hard edges and
sand. Mount your imaginary new handrail to your imaginary boat.
All your imaginary friends will be impressed.

"Thomas Wentworth" wrote in message
I am in need of two new hand rails. The ones on the top deck. They screw
through to a hand rail below deck. On the port side, the hand rail is a
little damaged, and I think the forward end is rotted.

Anyway,, where would one go to get a hand rail? This one has me stumped.

Thomas Wentworth

Thanks for all the info ... I feel like a dope. I should have figured out
that since every boat on earth has hand rails ....

Now I need to measure the rails... I guess the rails go by how many loops
there are..

"DSK" wrote in message
. ..