HK HK is offline

Default On the other hand...

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
I just stumbled across the perfect combination for light tackle fresh
water fishing.

Berkely graphite "cherrywood" series rod - CWS562L and a Mitchell
Copperhead 225 graphite reel.

Wow - what a combination. The rod has got some real strength and the
reel seems perfectly matched. Took a couple of two pound largemouth
out of my pond this morning using six pound test and a purple Senko
wacky rigged and a watermelon Senko Texas rigged. Plenty of fight,
but no lack of strength - you could horse the fish through the weeds
if necessary.

What totally convinced me was the 18" pickeral on a spinner bait -
dang, horsed that beastie right up to the shore.

I'm impressed.

We have, I am told, decent sized pickerel on the Patuxent River beyond
the tidal zone. That's only a few miles from where I live. If I ever
bring my canoe down here, I'll have to give it a try on light tackle.