Default "Boat sales" gas prices

is what I entered into Google this morning just to see what I would come up
with. It seems to be a mixed bag. There are many hits commenting on the
downturn in boat sales, but also many hits commenting on the lack of
effect. (http://www.sunherald.com/263/v-print/story/420243.html) It seems
also that the effects vary widely by region of the country.

Someone should do a 'meta analysis' of all the hits to see what the real
trend is - on a year to year basis for the past ten years or so. I'd do it,
but I've got to go play some golf today so I can go boating tomorrow. BTW,
boating doesn't count as aerobic exercise, unless you can walk on water.
--
John *H*

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 07:03:57 -0400, John H.
wrote:

is what I entered into Google this morning just to see what I would come up
with. It seems to be a mixed bag. There are many hits commenting on the
downturn in boat sales, but also many hits commenting on the lack of
effect. (http://www.sunherald.com/263/v-print/story/420243.html) It seems
also that the effects vary widely by region of the country.

It's bull feathers as my maternal Grandfather said in polite company.

I love those gas milage figures too. Hilarious.

Someone should do a 'meta analysis' of all the hits to see what the real
trend is - on a year to year basis for the past ten years or so. I'd do it,
but I've got to go play some golf today so I can go boating tomorrow. BTW,
boating doesn't count as aerobic exercise, unless you can walk on water.

Neither does golf. :)

wrote:

is what I entered into Google this morning just to see what I would come
up
with. It seems to be a mixed bag. There are many hits commenting on the
downturn in boat sales, but also many hits commenting on the lack of
effect. (http://www.sunherald.com/263/v-print/story/420243.html) It seems
also that the effects vary widely by region of the country.

It's bull feathers as my maternal Grandfather said in polite company.

I love those gas milage figures too. Hilarious.

Someone should do a 'meta analysis' of all the hits to see what the real
trend is - on a year to year basis for the past ten years or so. I'd do
it,
but I've got to go play some golf today so I can go boating tomorrow. BTW,
boating doesn't count as aerobic exercise, unless you can walk on water.

Neither does golf. :)

Speaking of golf, how's the hitting a golf ball with a baseball bat project
coming? 8)

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Haven't pursued it yet.

I will before the summer is over.

wrote:

is what I entered into Google this morning just to see what I would come up
with. It seems to be a mixed bag. There are many hits commenting on the
downturn in boat sales, but also many hits commenting on the lack of
effect. (http://www.sunherald.com/263/v-print/story/420243.html) It seems
also that the effects vary widely by region of the country.

It's bull feathers as my maternal Grandfather said in polite company.

I love those gas milage figures too. Hilarious.

Someone should do a 'meta analysis' of all the hits to see what the real
trend is - on a year to year basis for the past ten years or so. I'd do it,
but I've got to go play some golf today so I can go boating tomorrow. BTW,
boating doesn't count as aerobic exercise, unless you can walk on water.

Neither does golf. :)

Walking up and down hills, four or five miles, most certainly *does* count
as aerobic exercise. Might not be as good as jumping jacks and running up
stairs, but it's damn sure exercise.

Why do you think so many folks ride carts? It's certainly not to make the
game go faster!
--
John *H*

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 14:31:24 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Waste of time. A good driver will hit it further. The longest carry of a
golf ball was 458 yards. I don't think a bat will come close.

But, I sure hope you have somebody record it and put it on you-tube.
--
John *H*

wrote:

[...]

Depends upon whether you are playing Army golf or USMC golf. I was
playing Army golf the other day.

Why do you think so many folks ride carts? It's certainly not to make the
game go faster!

Gives you a place to rest while waiting for the tee, fairway and green
to clear on each and every hole