John H.[_4_] John H.[_4_] is offline

Default "Boat sales" gas prices

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:29:27 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 07:03:57 -0400, John H.
wrote:

is what I entered into Google this morning just to see what I would come up
with. It seems to be a mixed bag. There are many hits commenting on the
downturn in boat sales, but also many hits commenting on the lack of
effect. (http://www.sunherald.com/263/v-print/story/420243.html) It seems
also that the effects vary widely by region of the country.

It's bull feathers as my maternal Grandfather said in polite company.

I love those gas milage figures too. Hilarious.

Someone should do a 'meta analysis' of all the hits to see what the real
trend is - on a year to year basis for the past ten years or so. I'd do it,
but I've got to go play some golf today so I can go boating tomorrow. BTW,
boating doesn't count as aerobic exercise, unless you can walk on water.

Neither does golf. :)

Walking up and down hills, four or five miles, most certainly *does* count
as aerobic exercise. Might not be as good as jumping jacks and running up
stairs, but it's damn sure exercise.

Why do you think so many folks ride carts? It's certainly not to make the
game go faster!
--
John *H*