Default any experiences with PoliGlow?

Did this stuff do what it claims? Has anyone used other products that were
successful with faded gelcoat?

"WHerzing" wrote in
:

Did this stuff do what it claims? Has anyone used other products that
were successful with faded gelcoat?

http://www.meguiars.com/?boat-cleane...uty-Oxidation-
Remover

if it's heavy....

http://www.meguiars.com/?boat-cleane...Color-Restorer
If it's light and as a finish coat for the Oxidation Remover.

Test it. Find the worst looking, abandoned hulk in any boatyard in the
back. Do a 12" circle on TOP of the cabin gelcoat where the sun just ate
it, using just the oxidation remover. It's simply amazing how it shines.

Sneak in when they're closed and do the whole hull after dark. Drop by a
few days later and ask 'em what happened to the "Jolly Bee" in the
dump....??....(c;

If you use a power polisher do it VERY LIGHTLY with either of these
products. They EAT the surface and restore the real gelcoat. Too much
and you'll eat your way right through it! Not sure about real cheap
boats...caveat emptor and don't blame me.

Someone gave me a little Sunfish sailboat. It sat for a decade outside
in the sun cooking. It was white powder. After McGuire's above, it was
shinier than a brand new one at the dock! Amazing.... McGuires didn't
cure the hull leaks, though...another story.

AutoZone and other car parts places has it cheaper....Just don't let the
snobs at the dock know where you got it.

On Wed, 28 May 2008 18:21:49 -0400, "WHerzing" wrote:

Did this stuff do what it claims? Has anyone used other products that were
successful with faded gelcoat?

The shop I'm having do the radar tower on used some stuff on my coloured gel
coat and it cleaned it remarkably well. The guy said it would last longer than
any polish or wax.

It's specifically designed for something about releasing boats from the molds...
I can try to find out what was...

On Thu, 29 May 2008 01:22:17 +0000, Larry wrote:

Someone gave me a little Sunfish sailboat.

My family had two of those at the same time when I was a kid. We sold
them to the next door neighbors when we got the scow. Nobody ever gave
a **** whether they were shiny, although I am not knocking it. I took
one of them out when it was blowing forty, with four foot steep close
spaced waves.

Casady
Jim Jim is offline

Josh Assing wrote:
On Wed, 28 May 2008 18:21:49 -0400, "WHerzing" wrote:

Did this stuff do what it claims? Has anyone used other products that were
successful with faded gelcoat?

The shop I'm having do the radar tower on used some stuff on my coloured gel
coat and it cleaned it remarkably well. The guy said it would last longer than
any polish or wax.

It's specifically designed for something about releasing boats from the molds...
I can try to find out what was...

Go look in the back room of any manufacturer of just about anything that
uses a mold. They all have the same miracle product.

It's called "wax" (Carnuba wax). If you use this miracle product it
keeps your fiberglass boat looking new.

Any time someone tries to sell you snake oil, run away. Have you
noticed that there is no easy way? No magic?

It takes some work.

Oh, there are a lot of "secret" tactics used to make faded gel coat look
good. Go find a broker and look in his back room.

You don't want to use these products on YOUR boat.

On Wed, 28 May 08, "WHerzing" wrote:
Did this stuff do what it claims? Has anyone used other products that were
successful with faded gelcoat?

I ordered this stuff in March 2004 with a specific use in mind. But by
June 2005, I still hadn't gotten around to it so I called the
distributor and asked about shelf life. They said it would still be
good at that point, no problem. So now we're into June 2008 and it's
still packed in the box it came in. I've been a little busy, but I'm
sure I'll get around to it soon lol! I'll let you know just as soon
as I do, k? (just don't hold your breath ;-)
No, seriously, I'll get to it eventually.

Rick

On May 28, 6:21 pm, "WHerzing" wrote:
Did this stuff do what it claims? Has anyone used other products that were
successful with faded gelcoat?

http://www.clubsearay.com/forum/show...3a03e& t=7271

Hope that thread helps you on your decision.

PoliGlow on AwlGrip - or, what?? Skip Gundlach Cruising 19 May 1st 06 02:41 PM
Poliglow == Floor Finish ? Richard J Kinch General 13 April 29th 06 12:05 PM
Experiences with Yanmar? Peter R General 4 August 25th 05 10:23 PM
PoliGlow Wim Cruising 46 January 24th 04 08:58 PM
PoliGlow, ever try it? Rob Evans General 8 January 10th 04 01:18 AM