Jim Jim is offline

Default ques about winterizing an in/out board motor

"John H." wrote in message
On Wed, 28 May 2008 11:19:03 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

What you say, especially for I/Os sounds reasonable, so I called one of
the
bigger marinas in the area to see how they did it. Their response was
that
they were stored with the outdrive up, and/or the outboard up.
--
John *H*

Surprising answer.
I would not do business with that marina.

They do a lot of Grady White and Parker business on the Chesapeake.
TriState Marina. I was a little surprised.
--
John *H*

Those are mostly outboards, aren't they. That would explain why they don't
know how to take care of I.O.s

On May 28, 7:44 pm, "Jim" wrote:
"John H." wrote in message

On Wed, 28 May 2008 11:19:03 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

What you say, especially for I/Os sounds reasonable, so I called one of
the
bigger marinas in the area to see how they did it. Their response was
that
they were stored with the outdrive up, and/or the outboard up.
--
John *H*
Surprising answer.
I would not do business with that marina.

They do a lot of Grady White and Parker business on the Chesapeake.
TriState Marina. I was a little surprised.
--
John *H*

Those are mostly outboards, aren't they. That would explain why they don't
know how to take care of I.O.s

Why the back track on your earlier admonition?
HK HK is offline

JimH wrote:
On May 28, 7:44 pm, "Jim" wrote:
"John H." wrote in message

On Wed, 28 May 2008 11:19:03 -0400, "Jim" wrote:
What you say, especially for I/Os sounds reasonable, so I called one of
the
bigger marinas in the area to see how they did it. Their response was
that
they were stored with the outdrive up, and/or the outboard up.
--
John *H*
Surprising answer.
I would not do business with that marina.
They do a lot of Grady White and Parker business on the Chesapeake.
TriState Marina. I was a little surprised.
--
John *H*

Those are mostly outboards, aren't they. That would explain why they don't
know how to take care of I.O.s

Why the back track on your earlier admonition?

This is getting to be absurd.

Herring as usual does not know what he is talking about, and it is a
good bet that he couldn't even ask his questions properly.

Tri-State does not operate one of the "bigger marinas" in the area. It
has a very small marina, maybe a dozen slips, most reserved for its demo
boats. It has a larger gasoline and diesel pumping service on its
floating docks, and a very narrow boat ramp with a small parking lot.

The organization does operate two dealerships, one in Deale, Md, and the
other across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. The Deale dealership is one of
the largest in the area, and while none of the lines it sells new now
has an I/0 model, Parker and Grady used to market I/O's and Tri-State
assuredly sold a lot of them. The dealership certainly knows how to
"take care of " an I/O.

Again, I doubt if Herring has the brains to even ask the question
properly, or who to ask, or how to understand the answer.

If Tri-State tips up the I/O's it winterizes, it surely has a specific
reason for doing so.

Personally, I don't think Herring could understand the directions for
playing with a yo-yo.

DK DK is offline

JG2U wrote:
On Wed, 28 May 2008 15:10:26 -0700 (PDT), JimH
wrote:

On May 28, 5:53 pm, JimH wrote:

Just received another nasty and vulgar email from you. Will you
please stop?

Just received a third vulgar email from John H.

Get help John. And please stop emailing me. I had to ask the same
of you at another board with your constant vulgar and nasty PM's to me.

This is not a IM board for your personal use, JimH. If you have a
problem with someone, you should take it off-line to PM. Otherwise,
you're part of the problem.

It's also a lie. "Warp17" is starving for attention.

On Wed, 28 May 2008 19:44:47 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 28 May 2008 11:19:03 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

What you say, especially for I/Os sounds reasonable, so I called one of
the
bigger marinas in the area to see how they did it. Their response was
that
they were stored with the outdrive up, and/or the outboard up.
--
John *H*
Surprising answer.
I would not do business with that marina.

They do a lot of Grady White and Parker business on the Chesapeake.
TriState Marina. I was a little surprised.
--
John *H*

Those are mostly outboards, aren't they. That would explain why they don't
know how to take care of I.O.s

You know, you're probably correct. It's been quite a while since I've seen
a Grady with an I/O, or a Parker for that matter.
--
John *H*

On May 28, 8:40 pm, John H. wrote:
On Wed, 28 May 2008 19:44:47 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Nice backpeddling guys! ;-)
Jim Jim is offline

"John H." wrote in message
On Wed, 28 May 2008 19:44:47 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Is that the joint Harry bought his LT Pahkah from? I seem to remember seeing
one of their stickers on his boat or trailer.

wrote:

On May 28, 5:53 pm, JimH wrote:

Just received another nasty and vulgar email from you. * Will you
please stop?
Just received a third vulgar email from John H.

Get help John. *And please stop emailing me. * I had to ask the same
of you at another board with your constant vulgar and nasty PM's to me.

This is not a IM board for your personal use, JimH. *If you have a
problem with someone, you should take it off-line to PM. *Otherwise,
you're part of the problem.

It's also a lie. *"Warp17" is starving for attention.- Hide quoted text -

Yup, if warp17 was getting all of those emails from John, he'd post
them.