Default Selling a hobie 14, buying a 16 but want to reduce the sail

Hi everybody,
I'm writing down these few words just in order to understand in your
opinion if I had a good idea or not.
I weight 65 kg and I'm selling the Hobie 14 in order to buy the 16 but
since I'm so light I was thinking to reduce the mainsail because in
the place where I use sailing is easy to find strong winds and in
order to use my new hobie 16 also as a single boat I tought it was
better to let someone add some cringles to reduce to mainsail, but
keeping the possibility of carry a friend and let him try the real
adrenaline of a hobie.
Please also consider that I'm newby sailor and making a smaller
mainsail for the 16 could be the right chanche to learn better without
any fear.
Then what are your considerations regarding this? Do you have any
opinion about?
Thanks to anyone will post any consideration.
Senior Member

On May 27, 12:36*pm, mpeg wrote:
[...]

There is a sailing group in google, try rec.boats.sailing, they may
have more info for you as there are more sailors there. I would see if
you can find a local hobie club or racing, you could go for a day and
probably learn a lot. I don't know enough about sailing to know how
this would work on your boat.
Senior Member

On May 27, 12:36*pm, mpeg wrote:
[...]

EDIT my last post, try here.