Default Need Suggestions

I have a 25 hp tilt and trim ( yamaha ) 2004 and it has been on a 16ft cedar
strip. I need to get a boat for this motor as the Cedar strip is in major
need of repair. So what size of boat is best for the engine and should it
be deep hull? not even sure what that means. I use this boat to get back
and forth from my cottage that is only boat access. So people in it, with
loads to and from, plus to go around lake. I am a single Mother and cost is
an issue too. So if I have a good idea what I need to look for in a used
boat. I realize the cedar strip is a heavy boat and I was wondering if a
16ft fishing boat is still to heavy for this engine. I do require some room.
But still like the speed.

HK HK is offline

Shorty241 wrote:
I have a 25 hp tilt and trim ( yamaha ) 2004 and it has been on a 16ft cedar
strip. I need to get a boat for this motor as the Cedar strip is in major
need of repair. So what size of boat is best for the engine and should it
be deep hull? not even sure what that means. I use this boat to get back
and forth from my cottage that is only boat access. So people in it, with
loads to and from, plus to go around lake. I am a single Mother and cost is
an issue too. So if I have a good idea what I need to look for in a used
boat. I realize the cedar strip is a heavy boat and I was wondering if a
16ft fishing boat is still to heavy for this engine. I do require some room.
But still like the speed.

Hard to do better than these:

http://www.stur-deeboat.com/dory.htm

"Shorty241" u43749@uwe wrote in message news:847e262a712cb@uwe...
I have a 25 hp tilt and trim ( yamaha ) 2004 and it has been on a 16ft
cedar
strip. I need to get a boat for this motor as the Cedar strip is in major
need of repair. So what size of boat is best for the engine and should
it
be deep hull? not even sure what that means. I use this boat to get back
and forth from my cottage that is only boat access. So people in it, with
loads to and from, plus to go around lake. I am a single Mother and cost
is
an issue too. So if I have a good idea what I need to look for in a used
boat. I realize the cedar strip is a heavy boat and I was wondering if a
16ft fishing boat is still to heavy for this engine. I do require some
room.
But still like the speed.

Would you be satisfied with a good quality aluminum boat?
Last year I purchased a 14'6" Princecraft Yukon that came with a 25 hp
Johnson.
I bet you could get something similar, (Lund) or even a 16' fishing type
boat for less than $4K new.
Don't go buy one of the older narrow type aluminum boats. They may be
cheap, but are unsafe in my opinion.
http://www.princecraft.com/Content/e...Utilities.aspx

On Wed, 21 May 2008 17:29:14 GMT, "Shorty241" u43749@uwe wrote:

I have a 25 hp tilt and trim ( yamaha ) 2004 and it has been on a 16ft cedar
strip. I need to get a boat for this motor as the Cedar strip is in major
need of repair. So what size of boat is best for the engine and should it
be deep hull? not even sure what that means. I use this boat to get back
and forth from my cottage that is only boat access. So people in it, with
loads to and from, plus to go around lake. I am a single Mother and cost is
an issue too. So if I have a good idea what I need to look for in a used
boat. I realize the cedar strip is a heavy boat and I was wondering if a
16ft fishing boat is still to heavy for this engine. I do require some room.
But still like the speed.

I would suggest a 14 to 16 foot aluminum runabout. They're light and will
move quite well with a small engine. Something like this:

http://tinyurl.com/4rsmfo

Good luck.
--
John *H*

[...]

Look for a 15-16' Aluminum skiff. Watch the penny saver papers, craigslist
and just keep your eyes open as you drive down the street and see a lonely
on in a back / side yard.

Yes I am sure that an aluminum boat would be the best way to go. Thank you
for your responses.

Calif Bill wrote:
I have a 25 hp tilt and trim ( yamaha ) 2004 and it has been on a 16ft
cedar

[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]

On May 21, 11:59 am, "Calif Bill" wrote:

Look for a 15-16' Aluminum skiff. Watch the penny saver papers, craigslist
and just keep your eyes open as you drive down the street and see a lonely
on in a back / side yard.

Exactly! You'd be surprised how many serviceable boats are out back
"keeping the rain off the firewood."

boaters4life wrote:
Look for a 15-16' Aluminum skiff. Watch the penny saver papers, craigslist
and just keep your eyes open as you drive down the street and see a lonely
on in a back / side yard.

Exactly! You'd be surprised how many serviceable boats are out back
"keeping the rain off the firewood."

I live in Kitchener Ont, and My cottage is 4 hours away, but you'd be
surprised how hard it is to find something used that will work. And also
without a motor.

On Thu, 22 May 2008 18:45:10 GMT, "Shorty241 via BoatKB.com" u43749@uwe
wrote:

boaters4life wrote:
Look for a 15-16' Aluminum skiff. Watch the penny saver papers, craigslist
and just keep your eyes open as you drive down the street and see a lonely
on in a back / side yard.

Exactly! You'd be surprised how many serviceable boats are out back
"keeping the rain off the firewood."

I live in Kitchener Ont, and My cottage is 4 hours away, but you'd be
surprised how hard it is to find something used that will work. And also
without a motor.

From Criagslist - Toronto

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/boa/689853673.html

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/boa/689741046.html

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/drh/boa/689386143.html

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/boa/689180157.html

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/boa/688866290.html

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/yrk/boa/688802494.html

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/boa/688433720.html

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/boa/688369822.html

Probably none of these are exactly what you're looking for, but maybe
they'll give you some ideas. Who knows, maybe what you want is right there!
--
John *H*

I really appreciate this.. I have been looking .. mine is a 25 hp tilt and
trim with steering ... and want something I can push with it. I'll keep
looking.

John H. wrote:
Look for a 15-16' Aluminum skiff. Watch the penny saver papers, craigslist
and just keep your eyes open as you drive down the street and see a lonely

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
surprised how hard it is to find something used that will work. And also
without a motor.

From Criagslist - Toronto

Any suggestions for a Gordon Cruising 0 November 18th 07 06:09 PM
Suggestions, please Stan (the Man) General 0 August 5th 06 01:24 PM
Cover suggestions Trevor Miller General 3 November 6th 04 09:42 AM
suggestions Matthew Bogard Whitewater 2 June 13th 04 05:20 PM