Trevor Miller

Default Cover suggestions

I bought a Sea Ray 200 Sundeck this year and it has good canvas covers on
the bow and seating area. I would like to cover the whole thing since it
needs to sit out in the snow all winter in PA. Any suggestions on a
semi-fitted cover outfit? I'm not looking to spend a fortune getting a
fully custom cover but don't want just any cheap tarp either.

Suggestions?

-trevor

M-Tech

Geez. You sure don't leave much room for suggestions. Don't want to spend
money on a fitted cover, but you don't want a cheap tarp either!!

I'll tell ya....a couple of well placed 2x4's and a decent quality plastic
tarp PROPERLY bungied to trailer will last a long time. I put one over my
tritoon(that already has a fitted cover too)every year for the last 3 years.
No rips or tears. Just string it along the bottom and make sure you bungie
it so the wind can't get in.

The 2x4's placed under the tarp are used to slope it...so water can't lay
and puddle. I've made an "A" frame using them and lamenated the uprights
with plywood gussets.

Good luck,
Don

"Trevor Miller" wrote in message
ervers.com...
I bought a Sea Ray 200 Sundeck this year and it has good canvas covers on
the bow and seating area. I would like to cover the whole thing since it
needs to sit out in the snow all winter in PA. Any suggestions on a
semi-fitted cover outfit? I'm not looking to spend a fortune getting a
fully custom cover but don't want just any cheap tarp either.

Suggestions?

-trevor

Don White

"Trevor Miller" wrote in message
ervers.com...
I bought a Sea Ray 200 Sundeck this year and it has good canvas covers on
the bow and seating area. I would like to cover the whole thing since it
needs to sit out in the snow all winter in PA. Any suggestions on a
semi-fitted cover outfit? I'm not looking to spend a fortune getting a
fully custom cover but don't want just any cheap tarp either.

Suggestions?

-trevor

After being quoted $ 1500.00 for a fitted canvas cover I went to a local
auto/hardware type store and found a 22' x 18' canvas tarp (made in China)
on sale for $ 120.00 CDN. That should do me. Since it's a sailboat, I'll
use the mast as a 'ridge pole' to hang the tap over. Someone said this
months issue of 'Good Old Boat' has plans for building a frame.

bowgus

There are generic covers available ... I use one on my 18' I/O ... if that's
too expensive, maybe just store yer boat upside down :-)

"Trevor Miller" wrote in message
ervers.com...
I bought a Sea Ray 200 Sundeck this year and it has good canvas covers on
the bow and seating area. I would like to cover the whole thing since it
needs to sit out in the snow all winter in PA. Any suggestions on a
semi-fitted cover outfit? I'm not looking to spend a fortune getting a
fully custom cover but don't want just any cheap tarp either.

Suggestions?

-trevor

Having a Mooring Cover & Bimini made - any suggestions ?? Gary Warner General 2 November 9th 04 03:18 PM
Cover for 13 Whaler???? SeaDweller General 2 August 10th 04 08:26 PM
Boat Cover - Repairable? Chris General 3 June 15th 04 03:44 AM
??? Checkmate Predictor boat cover [email protected] Boat Building 2 November 7th 03 05:44 PM
Boat Cover Cruising 1 July 29th 03 01:25 AM