Default Hey, Harry

On May 12, 1:29*pm, "Jim" wrote:
"John H." wrote in message

I'd like to give a black star to whoever started this "I hate Harry" post.
Quoting an email to get a flame fest started in rec.boats doesn't seem like
the thing someone, who is interested in cleaning up the newsgroup, would do.

I requested that Harry quit emailing me with vulgar, low life, snarky
remarks. That's my perogative.

On May 12, 11:05*am, wrote:
On May 12, 1:29*pm, "Jim" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message

.. .

I'd like to give a black star to whoever started this "I hate Harry" post.

HK HK is offline

Eat Me, Trolls wrote:
On May 12, 11:05 am, wrote:
On May 12, 1:29 pm, "Jim" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
I'd like to give a black star to whoever started this "I hate Harry" post.
Quoting an email to get a flame fest started in rec.boats doesn't seem like
the thing someone, who is interested in cleaning up the newsgroup, would do.

I requested that Harry quit emailing me with vulgar, low life, snarky
remarks. That's my perogative.

And bring it here for attention.

What? You don't like to watch them drool and spit? :) Loogy is among
the funniest...I'd say he was dumber than a post, but I don't want to
insult any of the fine posts one encounters in life.

Senior Member

On May 12, 12:25*pm, John H. wrote:
On Mon, 12 May 2008 09:21:18 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On May 12, 11:36*am, John H. wrote:
On Mon, 12 May 2008 07:23:13 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
Quit emailing me.

HK wrote in an email to me:

Really.

You and your ****-for-brains buddies have succeeded...you've finally
killed rec.boats.

All of you should be proud of yourselves.

:)

I can't even fathom someone like Harry that IS the problem, but
somehow he has a mental condition that makes him think it's everyone
else's fault.

Anyway, quit emailing me.

Maybe you should forward it to Chuck. Let him see the kind of crap Harry's
pulling.

No, that is a monitored group, this is not. What they do here has
nothing to do with there, that is just silly.

I can't see *any* reason why both groups can't coexist without the
bull****.

Along with the millions of other unrelated groups on the internet...
There is not problem "between the groups" unless someone brings it
from here to there. I hear it is a great group...
--
John *H*- Hide quoted text -

It's a very nice group! I mentioned Chuck because he has emailed at least
one person in this group requesting that the person be a little nicer. No
problem.

Yeah, he emailed me to ask me not to use the "happy bunny" (tm) "yucky
people" slogan on some group I refered to as only "over there". He
obviously monitored that I was talking about them and wrote me. Now he
has succeded in luring almost all of the real boaters over to his
group, so be it.. I wonder however how he feels about his mingions
coming over here directly calling us names and refering (spamming)
openly his group to try to start a war.. I would imagine they would
say they have no idea what is going on here and it really should not
matter. But that kind of "selective" monitoring is exactly what I was
worried about...

Personally I saw a lot of my friends dissappear over there, one has
not even returned my calls.. it's not us, trust me... I will
remember those who took off, I will remember those of us who stayed...

The problem is with the one person who jumps back and forth with only the
goal of ruining this group in mind. Hopefully, ignoring him will solve the
problem.

Yeah, I wonder if he has gotten an email from the "monitor" asking him
no to 'try to start a war between groups" as I was accused? I just
can't deal with selective enforcement, of course you all know how I
feel about that... I don't really care though.. Still can't get
those three words out of my head... "dad, I crashed"... Later...

--
John *H*- Hide quoted text -

HK HK is offline

HK wrote in an email to me:
[...]

I think you are taking this too personally, Scott. At least you know
something about boats, which differentiates you from many of the
remaining posters here.

I only speak for myself, but there is nothing about other peoples'
grandchildren that interests me, nor do I give a crap about golf, and if
my interest in rock guitar is piqued, I'll watch a video of Mark and
Eric work through Sultans of Swing.

There are about 30 decent posters over at Chuck's, most of whom who can
and do discuss boating related topics at levels above "we went for a
nice boat ride last Sunday." One of the attractions there for me is the
ability to post photos directly.

There are a couple of posters at Chuck's who obviously are only there to
start trouble. The "management" there is aware of these guys and will
take action when appropriate.

HK wrote in an email to me:

[...]

Hey, I've heard those famous words from my daughter also! How is she? Don't
think you mentioned that she was hurt or not. Hopefully not.

Probably the biggest thing hurt was pride - having to call dad to utter the
phrase. They do sound pretty pitiful when it happens though.

We've got some real boaters over here, don't fret that.

--
John *H*

On May 13, 3:14*am, "Eat Me, Trolls" wrote:
On May 12, 11:05*am, wrote:

On May 12, 1:29*pm, "Jim" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message

.. .

I'd like to give a black star to whoever started this "I hate Harry" post.
Quoting an email to get a flame fest started in rec.boats doesn't seem like
the thing someone, who is interested in cleaning up the newsgroup, would do.

I requested that Harry quit emailing me with vulgar, low life, snarky
remarks. That's my perogative.

And bring it here for attention.

Yes, to call attention to the fact that Harry does NOTHING but stir
****.
Senior Member

HK wrote in an email to me:

[...]

Thanks for asking.. It was the most terrible feeling in the world... I
am in the front yard warming up the bike and I get a call on my cell
phone from my daughter who went on ahead of me to the back.. all I
hear is "dad I crashed" and I am running to the back to see here on
the ground behind the jump.. The bike slapped her down and came in
behind her, real hard crash. Now she knows why we always insist on
full race gear, I mean everything, even to screw around in the
backyard. She has a pretty deep gash in her leg and it's painful, and
a banged up thigh muscle pretty bad, but that will heal. Even with
that, I got her on the bike for a couple of laps yesterday, and she is
going for her riding lesson today, but she is pretty shook up. I guess
by the marks and the track we ride on she was probably doing 20+ mph
at impact, that will shake anyone up a little....But she is ok.

Just for anyone concerened, my kids ride with:
Helmet
Goggles
Neck brace (for compression fracture/head on crash protection)
Body armour from the shoulderpads to the waistline.
Elbow arm, knee and shin guards
Riding boots, padded pants/shirt/gloves

And after the incident the other day, she wants to find a mouthguard
too... but she is still going to ride, cool...

The bike, oh yeah, the bike.. a throttle cable housing broke but with
my handy dandy boat epoxy kit and some shredded fiberglass, that was
easily rebuilt... There, a boating reference...

Thanks for asking.. next post, geetars and as soon as I get a few to
register my boat, trust me, there will be some boating posts too...
DK DK is offline

HK wrote:

HK wrote in an email to me:
[...]

Really? Review your last 20 posts there and see if you can still say that.

crickets

Yo Harry JohnH General 1 November 9th 06 12:07 PM
Yo - Harry JohnH General 11 September 2nd 06 07:51 PM
Yo Harry JohnH General 4 September 1st 06 10:49 PM
OT You were right Harry! Don White General 60 February 22nd 06 08:24 PM
Hey Harry Short Wave Sportfishing General 4 September 8th 04 01:09 AM