Default Two wire steering system

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
. com...
On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 17:16:58 -0400, Eisboch penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
. com...

Here's the old style:
http://www.cbhforums.com/index.php?showtopic=1981

That's the type my brother and I replaced the cables on in an old beater
boat many, many years ago and got everything backwards.
Turn the helm right, the boat turned left. Turn the helm left and the
boat
turned right.

Worked nice and smooth though, with the new cables and pulleys.

I think we drank Pabst Blue Ribbon back then which I suspect had something
to do with the failed project.

Actually, if the boat was old enough that would be correct!

Seriously? A tiller, I can understand. Pull it over to port to turn
starboard and visa-versa. But a helm or steering wheel?

Eisboch