Senior Member

Default Why aren't these guys screened?

On Mar 4, 6:09*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 14:08:11 -0800 (PST),

wrote:
On Mar 4, 3:37*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 11:43:27 -0500, HK wrote:
This obviously is not the fault of the marines, but it makes me wonder
why the military recruitment process doesn't do more than it is doing
now to "screen" new blood.

Marines are hired killers, as are any soldiers. When we send them into
combat we don't want them to be thinking too much about the value of
any life that isn't wearing a GI uniform. .

Wow, talk about twisted and narrow...My dad was a soldier, he was
hired to teach other soldiers how to pack chutes... not to kill anyone.

You missed the "combat" part I guess

He saw no combat.. was not trained to fight other than in basic. His
job was support for a bomb wing. "He" was not expected to kill
anyone...

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 22:05:13 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 15:53:34 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 11:43:27 -0500, HK wrote:

This obviously is not the fault of the marines, but it makes me wonder
why the military recruitment process doesn't do more than it is doing
now to "screen" new blood.

What a stupid, ****ing, question. One has to only consider the source.

There is some question as to whether this was a prank. Apparently,
there is a fake stuffed puppy that looks exactly like the "puppy" that
was chucked.

There is also some question as to the audio.

Here's the puppy in question.

http://www.magic.org/store/product_i...oducts_id=4119

It's a sick prank, but still...

My comment had to do with Harry's anti-military sarcasm. The questions
about the video were in the original article.

Harry's comment was uncalled for.

HK HK is offline

wrote:

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 11:43:27 -0500, HK wrote:

This obviously is not the fault of the marines, but it makes me wonder
why the military recruitment process doesn't do more than it is doing
now to "screen" new blood.
What a stupid, ****ing, question. One has to only consider the source.

There is some question as to whether this was a prank. Apparently,
there is a fake stuffed puppy that looks exactly like the "puppy" that
was chucked.

There is also some question as to the audio.

Here's the puppy in question.

http://www.magic.org/store/product_i...oducts_id=4119

It's a sick prank, but still...

My comment had to do with Harry's anti-military sarcasm. The questions
about the video were in the original article.

Harry's comment was uncalled for.

What sarcasm? You think it sarcastic to suggest the military needs to
screen out misfits better than it does?

wrote:

[...]

You want me to engage you in discussion? I can't abide liars.
HK HK is offline

wrote:

[...]

As I stated earlier, "then, how do you abide yourself?"

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 20:43:06 -0500, HK wrote:

As I stated earlier, "then, how do you abide yourself?"

Do you really want to call me a liar Krause? Or, are
you happy being the laughing stock of the newsgroup?

I have never lied about my education. Can you say truthfully that you
have never lied about your education?

I have never lied about my employment record. Can you say truthfully
that you never lied about your employment record?

I have never lied about personal accomplishments. Can you say truthfully
that you have never lied about your personal accomplishments?

I never lied about my possessions. Can you truthfully say you've never lied
about your possessions?

I've never posted other's photographs with the pretense that I'd taken
them. Can you truthfully say you've never done so?

I learned long ago that lying only makes your look the fool when you are
found to have lied, not if you are ever found to have lied.

(Thanks BAR)

DK DK is offline

John H. wrote:
[...]

Well said, John, with many crickets to follow...

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 20:30:51 -0500, DK wrote:

John H. wrote:
[...]

I didn't originate the thought, BAR did. Good words though.

Sox or...those other guys? HK General 30 October 23rd 07 03:48 AM
Sorry again guys, my bad. Harry.Krause Cruising 3 September 25th 05 03:58 AM
Sorry again guys, my bad. Harry.Krause General 3 September 25th 05 03:58 AM
Hey new guys! Joe ASA 0 April 15th 05 07:26 PM
You guys shy, or what? John Cairns ASA 14 May 5th 04 08:03 PM