Default This is just too delicious not to comment...

Wayne.B wrote:
On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:52:09 -0500, hkrause
wrote:

Sometime in the next year or two, my wife and I will be going to Kenya
as touristas and to visit a classmate of hers who is Kenyan. I'm sure
both of us will be encouraged to try on various "tribal" regalia.
I wouldn't mind being a local chieftain for a half hour or so.

I'm sure we all look forward to seeing the pictures.

I didn't know they spoke Spanish in Kenya.. "touristas".

wrote:

Sometime in the next year or two, my wife and I will be going to Kenya
as touristas and to visit a classmate of hers who is Kenyan. I'm sure
both of us will be encouraged to try on various "tribal" regalia.
I wouldn't mind being a local chieftain for a half hour or so.

I'm sure we all look forward to seeing the pictures.

I didn't know they spoke Spanish in Kenya.. "touristas".

You watch how Harry will wiggle out of that. He'll tell you that his
Dr. Dr. wife's friend was from a small unheard of clan of Kenyans who
speak Spanish.

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:34:58 -0500, hkrause wrote:

Chuck Gould wrote:
On Feb 25, 7:54?am, Valgard Toebreakerson wrote:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8667.html

The Clintons - who 'da thunk it? ?Even Lee A****er would never stoop
this low.

Scorched earth baby - scorched earth.

A photo of Obama eating watermelon and/or fried chicken can't be far
behind.

Just shows how desperate the Clinton's are becoming. Strike one for
the Clinton's: When things get tense and difficult, resort to panic
and
try to manipulate opinion rather than solve the problem. Score one for
Obama? Maybe so, let's see if he handles these racial and religious
slams like a statesman, or like a vengeful child in a boating NG. :-)

Much ado here about nothing. Lots of visitors to foreign cultures try on
local costumes and clothing. What would you conclude from the photo,
that Obama visited Africa and tried on a tribal elder's clothing? Big
whoop. It's not like he put on a pilot's jumpsuit, landed on an aircraft
carrier and walked out in front of a sign saying "mission accomplished."

Whooooossshhh!

F-18 time.
--
John H

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:01:42 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Feb 25, 10:54*am, Valgard Toebreakerson wrote:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8667.html

The Clintons - who 'da thunk it? *Even Lee A****er would never stoop
this low.

Scorched earth baby - scorched earth.

Tom, politics is politics. They all will stoop that low given the
chance.

Well, I can't speak for Tom as he has his own opinion.

However speaking for him as it were, being the close personal friend
of his that I am, would not be considered inappropriate.

While it is true that politics is politics and, for some reason all's
fair in love and politics, this does point to a rather disingenuous
construct on the part of the Clinton campaign who spent a larger part
of their campaigns, both presidential and senatorial, on dismissing
the "poliltics of personal destruction" and all that other nonsense.

To me, and I think Tom would agree, there is a certain irony at play
here that is just too perfect for words.

Valgard Toebreakerson wrote:

I'm not at all sure he's not just an empty suit with a good speil.

You mean, as opposed to Bush, an empty suit who is also embarrassingly
inarticulate? :)

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:24:56 -0800 (PST), Chuck Gould
wrote:

On Feb 25, 7:54?am, Valgard Toebreakerson wrote:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8667.html

The Clintons - who 'da thunk it? ?Even Lee A****er would never stoop
this low.

Scorched earth baby - scorched earth.

A photo of Obama eating watermelon and/or fried chicken can't be far
behind.

LOL!!

You know - that's exactly what I thought when I saw that.

Just shows how desperate the Clinton's are becoming. Strike one for
the Clinton's: When things get tense and difficult, resort to panic
and
try to manipulate opinion rather than solve the problem. Score one for
Obama? Maybe so, let's see if he handles these racial and religious
slams like a statesman, or like a vengeful child in a boating NG. :-)

He strikes me as sincere, but...

I'm not at all sure he's not just an empty suit with a good speil.
Hope, change and what not are all well and good, but after looking
through his campaign site and his ideas and proposals, it would seem
to me that he might just be another McGovern only with a more
messianic following.

Or worse, another Dukakis. He is good friends with Duval Patrick which
also bothers me quite a bit as Patrick is as tone deaf as any Democrat
could possibly be - Kuchinich type.

We'll see.

wrote:
[...]

The rough guesstimate of an undecided independent:

McCain: Most "presidential" of the batch, has an encouraging history
of not automatically toeing the party line. Represents "politics as
usual", but with a guy at the helm a bit more independent than the
current prez and less susceptible to being manipulated by his
advisors.

Clinton: Old broad is as tough as nails (that's in her favor).
Probably represents the worst prospect for "politics as usual", with
policy being made in smoke-filled rooms and with a long list of
political favors to satisfy.

Obama: Best prospect for escaping the cycle of "poltics as usual", but
what does he offer except unusual politics? Many outsiders have been
ineffective in office.

Obama may have the highest IQ of the three, or may be about tied with
Clinton who is personally very bright. Even McCain appears much
smarter than the average person, so we can expect a substantial
improvement in that particular presidential quality regardless of the
outcome in November.
Senior Member

On Feb 25, 8:58*pm, WaIIy wrote:
On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:28:41 -0800 (PST), Chuck Gould

wrote:
Obama may have the highest IQ of the three, or may be about tied with
Clinton who is personally very bright.

She's so smart she flunked her bar exam.

Even McCain appears much
smarter than the average person, so we can expect a substantial
improvement in that particular presidential quality regardless of the
outcome in November.- Hide quoted text -

Somehow Chuck is under the impression that he is a moderate
centerist... of course so do Hillary, Obama, Pelosi, Kennedy,
Sharpton, Enfume....

wrote:
[...]

Nader is my man!
--