Default This is just too delicious not to comment...

Chuck Gould wrote:
On Feb 25, 7:54�am, Valgard Toebreakerson wrote:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8667.html

The Clintons - who 'da thunk it? �Even Lee A****er would never stoop
this low.

Scorched earth baby - scorched earth.

A photo of Obama eating watermelon and/or fried chicken can't be far
behind.

Just shows how desperate the Clinton's are becoming. Strike one for
the Clinton's: When things get tense and difficult, resort to panic
and
try to manipulate opinion rather than solve the problem. Score one for
Obama? Maybe so, let's see if he handles these racial and religious
slams like a statesman, or like a vengeful child in a boating NG. :-)

Much ado here about nothing. Lots of visitors to foreign cultures try on
local costumes and clothing. What would you conclude from the photo,
that Obama visited Africa and tried on a tribal elder's clothing? Big
whoop. It's not like he put on a pilot's jumpsuit, landed on an aircraft
carrier and walked out in front of a sign saying "mission accomplished."

Chuck Gould wrote:
On Feb 25, 5:34 am, hkrause wrote:
Chuck Gould wrote:
[...]

carrier and walked out in front of a sign saying "mission accomplished."- Hide quoted text -

I entirely agree; it's the *misuse* of this photo by the Clinton
campaign that's the issue. If the chief of some tribe down in the
South Pacific were invited to the White House to meet the POTUS, odds
are that he would show up wearing a suit instead of a loincloth. Yes,
it is very customary to dress in the formal attire of a host country
before meeting with the head of state.

I'm sure that if we dug deeply enough into the archives we could find
photos of Nixon quite literally bowing to some dignitaries in
Communist China during his initial visit there. Out of context, it
would be really scandalous.

In the case of the photo in question (and I don't believe that the
Clintons released it, either, despite what the Republican Drudge guy
says), anyone who sees more in Obama wearing that costume than just a
visitor trying out a local custom doesn't deserve a vote.

Sometime in the next year or two, my wife and I will be going to Kenya
as touristas and to visit a classmate of hers who is Kenyan. I'm sure
both of us will be encouraged to try on various "tribal" regalia.
I wouldn't mind being a local chieftain for a half hour or so.

On Feb 25, 10:54*am, Valgard Toebreakerson wrote:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8667.html

The Clintons - who 'da thunk it? *Even Lee A****er would never stoop
this low.

Scorched earth baby - scorched earth.

Tom, politics is politics. They all will stoop that low given the
chance.
Senior Member

On Feb 25, 10:54*am, Valgard Toebreakerson wrote:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8667.html

The Clintons - who 'da thunk it? *Even Lee A****er would never stoop
this low.

Scorched earth baby - scorched earth.

And again, her supporters don't care at all.. That is the story here.

Chuck Gould wrote:
[...]

Obama has said Clinton released the photo, and the Clinton campaign has
been asked if they released the photo, but taped danced around the issue
but did not denied it.

Chuck Gould wrote:
[...]

I wouldn't mind being a local chieftain for a half hour or so.- Hide quoted text -

You must be a real freakin' riot to go on vacation with. You spend all
day in your hotel room trying to convince people of your many lies.
You could have stayed home and done that.....

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:52:09 -0500, hkrause
wrote:

Sometime in the next year or two, my wife and I will be going to Kenya
as touristas and to visit a classmate of hers who is Kenyan. I'm sure
both of us will be encouraged to try on various "tribal" regalia.
I wouldn't mind being a local chieftain for a half hour or so.

I'm sure we all look forward to seeing the pictures.