Tim Tim is offline

Default Great game...

On Feb 3, 9:17 pm, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
Wrong team won, but it was still a great game. :)

Best Super Bowl in a long time.

a couple quotes:

"Football is a mistake. It combines the two worst elements of American
life: violence and committee meetings." (George F. Will)

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't
like
that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. "
(Bill Shankly)

Eisboch wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in message
. ..

I was rooting for NE, but the Giants played a better game for 4 quarters.
The offensive line could not protect Brady, 5 sacks and he felt the
pressure on just about every play.

What I did like to see is two very great teams play aggressive football
for 60 minutes. It really doesn't get any better.

Hey, you could have gone to dinner and a movie with Harry.

Eisboch

Eisboch,

Dinner and a movie and back in 30 minutes, that seems a little too
rushed for me, but then again, dinner with Harry might have seemed like
a lifetime.

I had dinner, a beer and one hell of a game. A group of us went up to
the local pub and had a great night. The only thing I missed was Paula
lackluster performance, but I did see in online.

Those Samsung Plasma TV's did look nice.

BAR BAR is offline

Tim wrote:
On Feb 3, 9:17 pm, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
Wrong team won, but it was still a great game. :)

Best Super Bowl in a long time.

a couple quotes:

"Football is a mistake. It combines the two worst elements of American
life: violence and committee meetings." (George F. Will)

Will is a baseball snob.

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't
like
that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. "
(Bill Shankly)

Damn right!

On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 03:17:01 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

Wrong team won, but it was still a great game. :)

Best Super Bowl in a long time.

Absolutely. Cost me big bucks, but it was a great game.
--
John H

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in message
. ..

I was rooting for NE, but the Giants played a better game for 4 quarters.
The offensive line could not protect Brady, 5 sacks and he felt the
pressure on just about every play.

What I did like to see is two very great teams play aggressive football
for 60 minutes. It really doesn't get any better.

Hey, you could have gone to dinner and a movie with Harry.

Eisboch

Did anyone else wonder if Brady should have gone for a field goal on that
4th down in the first half. I believe he threw an incomplete pass and the
Giants took over. After that play and the way the New York defence kept
getting at Brady, and Manning being relatively untouched, I had a feeling it
would turn out the way it did.
note: I only watched about 2/3rds of the game.

"Don White" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in message
. ..

I was rooting for NE, but the Giants played a better game for 4
quarters. The offensive line could not protect Brady, 5 sacks and he
felt the pressure on just about every play.

What I did like to see is two very great teams play aggressive football
for 60 minutes. It really doesn't get any better.

Hey, you could have gone to dinner and a movie with Harry.

Eisboch

Did anyone else wonder if Brady should have gone for a field goal on that
4th down in the first half. I believe he threw an incomplete pass and the
Giants took over. After that play and the way the New York defence kept
getting at Brady, and Manning being relatively untouched, I had a feeling
it would turn out the way it did.
note: I only watched about 2/3rds of the game.

I took notice of that. But, who woulda thunk, that early in the game.
Too bad you watched only 2/3rds of the game. The last 6 minutes of the
forth quarter kept you on the edge of your seat, especially when even the
announcers were talking about how the Pats were only a minute or so away
from setting football history by going 19-0.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Don White" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message

[...]

I did see the last quarter... I wasn't feeling well so took a nap at
halftime and work up at the end of the 3rd quarter.
Have to admit...that game was more exciting tham the vast majority of Stupor
Bowls.

On Mon, 4 Feb 08, Tim wrote:
a couple quotes:

"Football is a mistake. It combines the two worst elements of American
life: violence and committee meetings." (George F. Will)

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't
like
that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. "
(Bill Shankly)

and:
"Football is a children's game..... played by very LARGE children" (no
idea who said that)

Rick