Default Great game...

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 21:42:24 -0600, "William Bruce"

.. .
Wrong team won, but it was still a great game. :)

Best Super Bowl in a long time.

I agree. I remember watching Eli Manning's dad, Archie, as quarterback at
Ole Miss. I attended a game in Oxford, MS during the 1960s. Don't remember
if he could pass or not, but he was an exciting runner. Really all over the
field. Would probably run 150 yards to make a 50 yard gain. What a legacy
with his sons.

Archie was a class act. Unfortunately, he played for an owner, John
Mecom, who was a complete and total moron and never gave him the tools
he needed to win.

I was at the game when Tom Dempsey, he of the club foot, kicked the 63
yard field goal. I almost missed it - my friend and I were walking
out of Tulane Stadium when they were setting up for the field goal and
we turned around in the entrance way to watch it. :)

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 23:35:01 -0800 (PST), Chuck Gould
wrote:

The Giants, on the other hand, knew they would have to paly the game
of their lives to have a chance against the "unbeatable" Pats- and so
they did.

Therre is the key - right there.

Sometimes, it just ain't gonna happen, ya know? :)

On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 01:14:04 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 03:17:01 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

Best Super Bowl in a long time.

==================

Yes.

Go Giants !

I was going to bet you a steak dinner next time you were up this way.

Whew... :)

On Mon, 04 Feb 08, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

On Sun, 3 Feb 08, Chuck Gould wrote:
The Giants, on the other hand, knew they would have to paly the game
of their lives to have a chance against the "unbeatable" Pats- and so
they did.

Therre is the key - right there.

They also had to play the game of their lives two weeks earlier
against the Packers. And they did.
hmmm.... seems to be a pattern here somewhere ;-)

Rick

Sam wrote:
Wrong team won, but it was still a great game. :)

Best Super Bowl in a long time.

The best team *always* wins.

I was rooting for NE, but the Giants played a better game for 4
quarters. The offensive line could not protect Brady, 5 sacks and he
felt the pressure on just about every play.

What I did like to see is two very great teams play aggressive football
for 60 minutes. It really doesn't get any better.

wrote:

Best Super Bowl in a long time.

==================

Yes.

Go Giants !

I was going to bet you a steak dinner next time you were up this way.

Whew... :)

I sure am glad you took my up on my bet. Please send me the $1000 via
certified check.

On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 12:13:48 +0000, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

I thought the Giants would give them a game, but I didn't think the Pats
would lose.

I was surprised at the betting line. The last I heard the Patriots were
12 point favorites. That seemed rather high, considering the Giants only
lost by three a couple of weeks ago.

Hey - that's why they call it a game. :)

And they did go 18-0, undefeated in the regular season and one more than
those lame ass Dolphins. :)

After years of watching the Giants find a new way to lose, I gave up
rooting for them mid-season. It seems to have worked. ;-)

"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in message
. ..

I was rooting for NE, but the Giants played a better game for 4 quarters.
The offensive line could not protect Brady, 5 sacks and he felt the
pressure on just about every play.

What I did like to see is two very great teams play aggressive football
for 60 minutes. It really doesn't get any better.

Hey, you could have gone to dinner and a movie with Harry.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in message
. ..

I was rooting for NE, but the Giants played a better game for 4 quarters.
The offensive line could not protect Brady, 5 sacks and he felt the
pressure on just about every play.

What I did like to see is two very great teams play aggressive football
for 60 minutes. It really doesn't get any better.

Hey, you could have gone to dinner and a movie with Harry.

Eisboch

Doubtful. None of the a**holes I associate with are anonymous.