Default Great game...

On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 11:07:22 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

Go Giants !

I was going to bet you a steak dinner next time you were up this way.

Whew... :)

Nice thought but I probably would not have bet. Based on the game 4
weeks ago it seemed likely that the Giants would give a good account
of themselves, but frankly I wasn't at all sure they could win it.

It was really anybody's game up until the last play with seconds to
go.

Some of our friends here took the loss badly, don't know if money was
involved or just egos.

wrote:

Go Giants !

I was going to bet you a steak dinner next time you were up this way.

Whew... :)

Nice thought but I probably would not have bet. Based on the game 4
weeks ago it seemed likely that the Giants would give a good account
of themselves, but frankly I wasn't at all sure they could win it.

It was really anybody's game up until the last play with seconds to
go.

Some of our friends here took the loss badly, don't know if money was
involved or just egos.

Oh my gosh - the sports radio station WEEI is suicidal - the callers
are suicidal. I'll bet half of them throw themselves off the Tobin
Bridge tonight. :)

Good lord - 18-1 season, we still have the best quarterback in
football who owns all but one record, the best coach in football who
has the best overall record of any coach in the NFL and been to the
Super Bowl game and in the playoffs more times in ten years than any
other team in the NFL.

I thought Grady Little not pulling Pedro Martinez was bad - this is
worse.

Jeezeum pete - get over it. It was a good game - could have gone
either way.

It's not like we're not going back again next year.

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
It's not like we're not going back again next year.

Jeeeze... it's gonna get crowded. The Packers are going too! ;-)

On Mon, 04 Feb 08, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
My mother's family has had season tickets since the place opened.

Lots of Packers fans here in South Mississippi.
Kiln, MS (right next door to me here) was annexed by Green Bay and
it's now considered their southernmost suburb ;-)

On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 21:02:33 +0000, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

It's not like we're not going back again next year.

Maybe, but many of the Patriots are getting a little long in the tooth.
There might be a couple of retirements coming.

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 12:04:16 -0000, wrote:

Maybe, but many of the Patriots are getting a little long in the tooth

They have fangs.