Default Doug King and company...

made it back home to their home slip.

It's been fascinating following their travels along the Great Loop.

Well done to them.

On Jan 25, 8:23*am, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
made it back home to their home slip.

It's been fascinating following their travels along the Great Loop.

Well done to them.

According to Harry, that was a worthless trip! The only reason to boat
is to get to fish.

On Jan 25, 5:23�am, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
made it back home to their home slip.

It's been fascinating following their travels along the Great Loop.

Well done to them.

Well done indeed.

Unfortunately, almost nobody here gives a Schlitz, unless Doug is
running for office. You might try posting this news to a boating
newsgroup, not a partisan political whorehouse and middle school
insult fest like this site has become.

wrote:
made it back home to their home slip.

It's been fascinating following their travels along the Great Loop.

Well done to them.

Well done indeed.

Unfortunately, almost nobody here gives a Schlitz, unless Doug is
running for office. You might try posting this news to a boating
newsgroup, not a partisan political whorehouse and middle school
insult fest like this site has become.

Partisan political whorehouse is a bit strong don't you think? :)

Then again...

wrote:

Partisan political whorehouse is a bit strong don't you think? �:)

Not at all.

Look at the topic list for the last several weeks. Boating subjects
represent less than 10 percent of the content on this site, and the
typical boating-related thread draws 2-3 informative replies. Anything
beyond that too often disintegrates into "you don't really own a
lobster boat" and other nonsense. The other 90 percent of the content
typically includes threads labeled "Democrats can't keep it in their
pants", "Republicans are pedophiles" and other horse ****. Many of
these threads attract 200 or more posts, (from about the same 10
screen names representing 6-7 actual guys), and the majority of posts
after the first dozen degenerate into bitchy remarks and personal
attacks.

It's truly amazing when some of the worst perpetrators of OT crap and
launchers of patisan political chaos suddenly want to have discussions
regarding boats. I wonder how many of those folks think that the
people interested in boating are willing to sift through 20 or 30
goofball, hostile, threads filled with name calling and political
extremism
to find the random thread actually relating to boats? How truly
biazarre is that? Do they think their behavior has no consequence? How
many people give a ratz arse how big a TV or how many cars somebody
else owns, or other non-boating related details of a person't
financial life? There aren't any boaters left here, to speak of. Many
of the more active participants are political hacks- and some of then
do go for an annual boat ride.

None of the "Democrats are Evil" and ""Republicans are Worse" crap
posted here makes any difference to the world. What the NG *could be*
is a decent forum for discussing boats and boating. It's too damn bad
that folks with enough time on their hands to make 600, 700, 800 posts
and more to the NG in 25 days often tend to be so ridiculously
juvenile and egotistic that they believe their personal political
opinions, their cut and paste partisan propaganda, and the recitation
of Limbaugh's weekly "talking points" should constitute the vast
majority of content in a boating discussion group.

As a group, we are acting like Middle Schoolers. We should all be
ashamed. Some of us for fostering chaos here, some of us for getting
sucked into the vortex from time to time, some of us for the inertia
that keeps us wasting our time on a boating newsgroup group that has
been ruined by a half dozen self centered post-bots, and some of us
for all of the above.

10% boating reated threads, a couple of responses each.
90% political bull****, dozens to hundreds of repsonses each.

I think that meets the definition of partisan political whorehouse.

The good news is that if we want to identify just who's responsible
for
running a boating NG into the ground, all most of us have to do is
take a look in the mirror. To be fair, that would have to include me.
And to be frank, it certainly includes you.

wrote:

[...]

I am guilty. Here's my boating contribution.
Boat A is currently winterized, surrounded by ice, and about to be sold.
Boat B is currently winterized, stored in a building and covered with
plastic.

That's all for now.

Eisboch

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 09:21:04 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

I am guilty. Here's my boating contribution.
Boat A is currently winterized, surrounded by ice, and about to be sold.
Boat B is currently winterized, stored in a building and covered with
plastic.

That's all for now.

Ok, I'll contribute.

Boat A is winterized, covered, surrounded by snow and ready for
Spring.

Boat B is waiting to be delivered.

That is all.

On Jan 26, 6:21�am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Chuck Gould" wrote in message

I am guilty. �Here's my boating contribution.
Boat A �is currently winterized, surrounded by ice, and about to be sold.
Boat B �is currently winterized, stored in a building and covered with
plastic.

That's all for now.

Eisboch

Few people live in climates where they enjoy the opportunity to boat
as much in the winter months as in the summer. But, IMO, an interest
in boating should be sustainable around the calendar. Based on the
history of this group, all of the political and controversial OT crap
that is running rampant right now will have enough momentum to
continue dominating the subject list even *after* the boaters in the
frozen-over sections of the country decide it's "boating season"
again.

wrote:

[...]

Now *that* was a RANT!

Albeit, a *good* rant!
--
***** Hope your day is better than decent! *****

John H

wrote:

It's truly amazing when some of the worst perpetrators of OT crap and
launchers of patisan political chaos suddenly want to have discussions
regarding boats. I wonder how many of those folks think that the
people interested in boating are willing to sift through 20 or 30
goofball, hostile, threads filled with name calling and political
extremism
to find the random thread actually relating to boats? How truly
biazarre is that? Do they think their behavior has no consequence?

Little dose of reality needed here, Chuck.

Rec.boats has always had a very low signal to noise ratio with respect to On
Topic/Off Topic posts as do most unmoderated newsgroups. It's been that way
for at least the 15 years or so that I've been following it.

Reality is that many boaters are sitting out the winter right now. Not all,
but many, if not most. That usually ups the off topic percentage. Then,
in addition, those of us in the USA are approaching a critically important
election, the results of which may have far-reaching implications for the
future of the country politically and economically which are pretty damned
important. Might even affect how we enjoy boating in the future.

So, it doesn't surprise or particularly bother me that politics is taking a
larger percentage of bandwidth at the moment. As for TV sets, if someone
asks for an opinion in a friendly discussion, even if "off-topic" or wants
to express support for a favorite sports team, what's the big deal?

Eisboch

Doug King and wife are on their way... Chuck Gould General 0 May 23rd 07 05:14 PM
Doug King ok Don White General 3 March 29th 07 03:02 AM
Doug King? Harold Cruising 13 February 16th 07 04:42 PM
Yo - Doug King.. DSK General 9 November 16th 06 10:57 PM
Yo - Doug King.. Wayne.B General 0 November 15th 06 02:27 PM