Default Doug King and company...

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 06:08:14 -0800 (PST), Chuck Gould
wrote:

On Jan 25, 5:23?am, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

Partisan political whorehouse is a bit strong don't you think? ?:)

Not at all.

Look at the topic list for the last several weeks. Boating subjects
represent less than 10 percent of the content on this site, and the
typical boating-related thread draws 2-3 informative replies. Anything
beyond that too often disintegrates into "you don't really own a
lobster boat" and other nonsense. The other 90 percent of the content
typically includes threads labeled "Democrats can't keep it in their
pants", "Republicans are pedophiles" and other horse ****. Many of
these threads attract 200 or more posts, (from about the same 10
screen names representing 6-7 actual guys), and the majority of posts
after the first dozen degenerate into bitchy remarks and personal
attacks.

It's truly amazing when some of the worst perpetrators of OT crap and
launchers of patisan political chaos suddenly want to have discussions
regarding boats. I wonder how many of those folks think that the
people interested in boating are willing to sift through 20 or 30
goofball, hostile, threads filled with name calling and political
extremism

Hey, the guys are just havin' a little fun. It's all good natured.
I knew about Doug's trip from rbc and asa anyway.
If I had a boat, I'd talk about it.
Now stuff it.
BTW, what is "patisan?"
Just kidding, Chuck. About everything.
I want a ride on your boat.
In the summer, when it drizzles.

--Vic

We now resume our regularly scheduled broadcast.

On Jan 26, 12:17Â*am, Chuck Gould wrote:
On Jan 25, 5:23�am, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

made it back home to their home slip.

It's been fascinating following their travels along the Great Loop.

Well done to them.

Well done indeed.

Unfortunately, almost nobody here gives a Schlitz, unless Doug is
running for office. You might try posting this news to a boating
newsgroup, not a partisan political whorehouse and middle school
insult fest like this site has become.

Jeez, talk about the pot calling the kettle black! You insulted every
person here!
Senior Member

wrote:

made it back home to their home slip.

It's been fascinating following their travels along the Great Loop.

Well done to them.

Well done indeed.

Unfortunately, almost nobody here gives a Schlitz, unless Doug is
running for office. You might try posting this news to a boating
newsgroup, not a partisan political whorehouse and middle school
insult fest like this site has become.

Oh quit your wailing.. we like boats just fine, just not much to talk
about since most of ours are stuck under a foot of snow.. For ****s
sake, I would think you would have a handle on this "winter in the
northern hemisphere" thing by now...Either way, no crying in
baseball...

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:23:13 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

made it back home to their home slip.

It's been fascinating following their travels along the Great Loop.

Well done to them.

Yes, great trip, nicely documented. We had the pleasure of meeting
Doug, Kathie, and the now famous Hank as they looped down the south
western coast of FL. There is a picture of yours truly on their blog
site as I went down river to meet them with our runabout.

wrote:

made it back home to their home slip.

It's been fascinating following their travels along the Great Loop.

Well done to them.

Yes, great trip, nicely documented. We had the pleasure of meeting
Doug, Kathie, and the now famous Hank as they looped down the south
western coast of FL. There is a picture of yours truly on their blog
site as I went down river to meet them with our runabout.

Yeah - I saw that.

Cool beans.

wrote:
made it back home to their home slip.

It's been fascinating following their travels along the Great Loop.

Well done to them.

Yes, great trip, nicely documented. �We had the pleasure of meeting
Doug, Kathie, and the now famous Hank as they looped down the south
western coast of FL. �There is a picture of yours truly on their blog
site as I went down river to meet them with our runabout.

Doug's a good example of the kind of top caliber boater who no longer
bothers participating here. What a shame.

They can be darn proud of their accomplishment. Sort of like checking
something off the "bucket list." Everybody has a few lifetime cruising
ambitions, but not everybody has the time, money, and courage to
realize any of them.

wrote:
made it back home to their home slip.

It's been fascinating following their travels along the Great Loop.

Well done to them.

Yes, great trip, nicely documented. ?We had the pleasure of meeting
Doug, Kathie, and the now famous Hank as they looped down the south
western coast of FL. ?There is a picture of yours truly on their blog
site as I went down river to meet them with our runabout.

Doug's a good example of the kind of top caliber boater who no longer
bothers participating here. What a shame.

They can be darn proud of their accomplishment. Sort of like checking
something off the "bucket list." Everybody has a few lifetime cruising
ambitions, but not everybody has the time, money, and courage to
realize any of them.

I'm looking forward to meeting him this summer in New Bern.

Should be fun.

Doug King and wife are on their way... Chuck Gould General 0 May 23rd 07 05:14 PM
Doug King ok Don White General 3 March 29th 07 03:02 AM
Doug King? Harold Cruising 13 February 16th 07 04:42 PM
Yo - Doug King.. DSK General 9 November 16th 06 10:57 PM
Yo - Doug King.. Wayne.B General 0 November 15th 06 02:27 PM