HK HK is offline

Default Bad News for the GOP: Inflation Rate Worst in *17* Years

Inflation Rate Is Worst in 17 Years

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Higher costs for energy and food last year pushed
inflation up by the largest amount in 17 years, even though prices
generally remained tame outside of those two areas. Meanwhile,
industrial output was flat in December, more evidence of a significant
slowdown in the economy. Consumer prices rose by 4.1 percent for all of
2007, up sharply from a 2.5 percent increase in 2006, the Labor
Department said Wednesday. Consumers felt the pain when they filled up
their gas tanks or shopped for groceries. Prices for both energy and
food shot up by the largest amount since 1990.

HK wrote:
Inflation Rate Is Worst in 17 Years

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Higher costs for energy and food last year pushed
inflation up by the largest amount in 17 years, even though prices
generally remained tame outside of those two areas. Meanwhile,
industrial output was flat in December, more evidence of a significant
slowdown in the economy. Consumer prices rose by 4.1 percent for all of
2007, up sharply from a 2.5 percent increase in 2006, the Labor
Department said Wednesday. Consumers felt the pain when they filled up
their gas tanks or shopped for groceries. Prices for both energy and
food shot up by the largest amount since 1990.

Harry,
Since I know you are not just trolling for a long political argument, so
you can hurl childish insults, maybe it would make more since just to
ask if anyone does not know how to read a newspaper or News web site.

That one you won't have to cut and paste every news article, and
everyone will know how to keep up with current events.

It will make your life so much easier.

"HK" wrote in message
Inflation Rate Is Worst in 17 Years

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Higher costs for energy and food last year pushed
inflation up by the largest amount in 17 years, even though prices
generally remained tame outside of those two areas. Meanwhile, industrial
output was flat in December, more evidence of a significant slowdown in
the economy. Consumer prices rose by 4.1 percent for all of 2007, up
sharply from a 2.5 percent increase in 2006, the Labor Department said
Wednesday. Consumers felt the pain when they filled up their gas tanks or
shopped for groceries. Prices for both energy and food shot up by the
largest amount since 1990.

I'm tellin' ya....we should've invaded Saudi Arabia instead of eye-rock, and
just taken their damned oil. At least we could've been honest about that
mission. Put the whole damned country under new management.

HK HK is offline

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Inflation Rate Is Worst in 17 Years

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Higher costs for energy and food last year pushed
inflation up by the largest amount in 17 years, even though prices
generally remained tame outside of those two areas. Meanwhile, industrial
output was flat in December, more evidence of a significant slowdown in
the economy. Consumer prices rose by 4.1 percent for all of 2007, up
sharply from a 2.5 percent increase in 2006, the Labor Department said
Wednesday. Consumers felt the pain when they filled up their gas tanks or
shopped for groceries. Prices for both energy and food shot up by the
largest amount since 1990.

I'm tellin' ya....we should've invaded Saudi Arabia instead of eye-rock, and
just taken their damned oil. At least we could've been honest about that
mission. Put the whole damned country under new management.

Speaking of SA, did you see our fearless leader begging in the Middle
East for the Saudis to drill more? If memory serves, oil was around $25
a barrel when President Idiot presumed office in 2001.

"HK" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
[...]

I was busy getting a stomach ache over the real reason for his visit: To
tell them we were happy to sell them more weapons. It's not a matter of *if*
we'll regret that at some point in the future, it's a matter of *when*.

HK HK is offline

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
[...]

We have to sell the Saudis the weaponry, else they'll cut back on oil.

"HK" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
[...]

If you want to know the real reasons, you have to read two books:

"Sleeping With The Devil", by Robert M. Baer

and

"The Nuclear Jihadist", by Douglas Frantz

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:07:18 -0500, HK wrote:

Inflation Rate Is Worst in 17 Years

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Higher costs for energy and food last year pushed
inflation up by the largest amount in 17 years, even though prices
generally remained tame outside of those two areas. Meanwhile,
industrial output was flat in December, more evidence of a significant
slowdown in the economy. Consumer prices rose by 4.1 percent for all of
2007, up sharply from a 2.5 percent increase in 2006, the Labor
Department said Wednesday. Consumers felt the pain when they filled up
their gas tanks or shopped for groceries. Prices for both energy and
food shot up by the largest amount since 1990.

One must wonder, "Where is Chuck?"

HEY CHUCK! Isn't this 'political horse ****'?
--
John H

"HK" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
[...]

Why not just pull out. Let some fanatic get power hungry and when Saudi
gets it's control of government is threatened let them pay a trillion or two
for the services if the USA to intervene?

"Canuck57" wrote in message

"HK" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
[...]

According to some sources, this is precisely the reason they want our
weapons: To protect the royals (who *are* the "government") from their own
people.

We once sold weapons to Iran to help "protect" us. We gave weapons to the
Taliban. We sell weapons to Pakistan. It's all very stupid when viewed in
the context of history, which our current president seems to know nothing
about.