HK HK is offline

Default Bad News for the GOP: Inflation Rate Worst in *17* Years

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Inflation Rate Is Worst in 17 Years

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Higher costs for energy and food last year pushed
inflation up by the largest amount in 17 years, even though prices
generally remained tame outside of those two areas. Meanwhile, industrial
output was flat in December, more evidence of a significant slowdown in
the economy. Consumer prices rose by 4.1 percent for all of 2007, up
sharply from a 2.5 percent increase in 2006, the Labor Department said
Wednesday. Consumers felt the pain when they filled up their gas tanks or
shopped for groceries. Prices for both energy and food shot up by the
largest amount since 1990.

I'm tellin' ya....we should've invaded Saudi Arabia instead of eye-rock, and
just taken their damned oil. At least we could've been honest about that
mission. Put the whole damned country under new management.

Speaking of SA, did you see our fearless leader begging in the Middle
East for the Saudis to drill more? If memory serves, oil was around $25
a barrel when President Idiot presumed office in 2001.