Default sidelights on a sailing vessel 13.2meters

At what LOA is the mast head tri-color not satisfactory? Some of the
info I have says 12 meters, others say 20 meters. The col regs at
http://www.slp.wa.gov.au, Rule 25, says its 20m, but I am wondering if
its up to date.

I only have the tri-color and anchor light (13.2m), I would like to be
sure side lights and a stern light are not required. Everyone else
seem to have them.

Regards

"Warren" wrote in message
At what LOA is the mast head tri-color not satisfactory? Some of the
info I have says 12 meters, others say 20 meters. The col regs at
http://www.slp.wa.gov.au, Rule 25, says its 20m, but I am wondering if
its up to date.

I only have the tri-color and anchor light (13.2m), I would like to be
sure side lights and a stern light are not required. Everyone else
seem to have them.

Regards

When you looked at the rules online, was there a revision date anywhere on
the page, probably in writing so small that only an ant could read it?

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 09:22:30 -0800 (PST), Warren
wrote:

At what LOA is the mast head tri-color not satisfactory? Some of the
info I have says 12 meters, others say 20 meters. The col regs at
http://www.slp.wa.gov.au, Rule 25, says its 20m, but I am wondering if
its up to date.

I only have the tri-color and anchor light (13.2m), I would like to be
sure side lights and a stern light are not required. Everyone else
seem to have them.

The rules haven't changed.

Sailing vessels under way, less than 20 meters, can carry a
combination red/green/stern light at the masthead.

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 19:51:30 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

The rules haven't changed.

Sailing vessels under way, less than 20 meters, can carry a
combination red/green/stern light at the masthead.

And under power you are required to have conventional deck level
lights if my memory is correct, in addition to a steaming light on the
front of the mast, and a stern light aft.

wrote:

The rules haven't changed.

Sailing vessels under way, less than 20 meters, can carry a
combination red/green/stern light at the masthead.

And under power you are required to have conventional deck level
lights if my memory is correct, in addition to a steaming light on the
front of the mast, and a stern light aft.

Rule 25 only describes a sailing vessel underway not motive power. The
only distinction related to motive power is that while under power,
the inverted cone shape must be displayed on the forestay.

The distinction, as I read it, says that under 20 meters, it's an
either/or - side/stern markers on the hull or combined on the
masthead.

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 21:08:30 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

Rule 25 only describes a sailing vessel underway not motive power. The
only distinction related to motive power is that while under power,
the inverted cone shape must be displayed on the forestay.

The distinction, as I read it, says that under 20 meters, it's an
either/or - side/stern markers on the hull or combined on the
masthead.

If so, how would another vessel know if they were dealing with a power
boat or a sail boat? A sail boat under power is a power vessel with
regard to the right of way rules (contrary to what some think).