BAR BAR is offline

Default Handicapping Iowa...

wrote:
On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 22:50:13 -0500, BAR wrote:

http://www.slate.com/id/1004633/
Why does slate.com want McCain as a the Republican nominee for
president? There is too much media involvement in rehabilitating
McCain's image.

Oh come on, that article was written in 2000.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't McCain run for President in 2000?

Chris Matthews, MSNBC/NBC, was hoping to get McCain to challenge bush in
2004.

"BAR" wrote in message
On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 22:50:13 -0500, BAR wrote:

http://www.slate.com/id/1004633/
Why does slate.com want McCain as a the Republican nominee for
president? There is too much media involvement in rehabilitating
McCain's image.

Oh come on, that article was written in 2000.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't McCain run for President in 2000?

Chris Matthews, MSNBC/NBC, was hoping to get McCain to challenge bush in
2004.

Your question, beginning with "Why does slate.com..." is in the present
tense, meaning that you think slate.com wants McCain as a nominee NOW, in
the present. The article was written in the year 2000. That's why your
question got the response it did.

On Jan 3, 7:57 am, BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote in
messagenews:v82nn3dnv66gafh0uvkn4ufv2i3j620gq9@4ax .com...
Here's what I'm thinking just based on reading things here
and there.

Democrats favor Obama, then Edwards, then Clinton, then
everybody
else.

I'm thinking Obama gets out with a lead of three or four
points over
Edwards in second and Clinton a very close third to Edwards
- say
within a point or two. Everybody else, Dodd, Biden,
Krazyinich will
all slide to less than 4% of the vote in total.

Republicans - I'm thnking Romney with an insigificant lead over
Huckabee and Thompson a strong third. Ron Paultard will show a
surprising 13% of the vote from all the Paulbots that show
up from
other states.

Now I need to call my bookie. :)

Meanwhile, McCain's the only Republican candidate with a spine.

I agree that McCain is the only GOP candidate with any class,
and I agree he has a spine, but...

I was less than impressed when he caved earlier this year on
the torture issue.

McCain is a twit and always has been a twit. He should have
gone to jail with the rest of the Keating Five. He was crooked
then and is crooked now.

McCain has done more damage to this country then he could ever
do good.

Geez...you're such an *angry* little scheisskopf...

Not angry just determined to see McCain go down in flames again.

Who are you hoping to vote for? Mike Huckleberry?

Do you have a problem voting for a guy with ethics and morals?

Are you referring to Mike "Mr. Ethics Investigations" Huckabee?
Please.

"According to The Associated Press: "[Huckabee's] career has also
been colored by 14 ethics complaints and a volley of questions about
his integrity, ranging from his management of campaign cash to his
use of a nonprofit organization to subsidize his income to his
destruction of state computer files on his way out of the governor's
office." And what was Governor Huckabee's response to these ethics
allegations? Rather than cooperating with investigators, Huckabee
sued the state ethics commission twice and attempted to shut the
ethics process down."

And of course Huckabee is a total numnutz on foreign policy issues.
In that, he's certainly following in Bush's footsteps.

Hillary and Obama don't have foreign policy bona fides either.

Both of them and my favorite pet cat have more knowledge of foreign
policy than Huckleberry.

If you combine your cat's with Barak's and Hillary's foriegn policy
experience I could agree to that.- Hide quoted text -

What foreign policy experience does Huckabee have?

On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 22:41:08 -0500, HK wrote:

BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
[...]

Uh, Harry. How many 'ethics' complaints and questions about your integrity,
ranging all over the place, have been mentioned right here?

Now go tell us the source of all those 'ethics' complaints you're referring
to.
--
Quote of the day: "I did get to use that condom when I was 13, and several more that
summer, thanks to a "fast" 14 year old young lady..." (Harry Krause, bragging again!)

John H

On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 03:52:23 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"BAR" wrote in message

Who are you hoping to vote for? Mike Huckleberry?

Do you have a problem voting for a guy with ethics and morals?

The same Huckabee who failed to report gifts received while in public
office, as required by the law? That Huckabee?

Source? Make sure it's not a liberal, Arkansas newspaper, OK?

"John H." wrote in message
On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 03:52:23 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"BAR" wrote in message
m...

Who are you hoping to vote for? Mike Huckleberry?

Do you have a problem voting for a guy with ethics and morals?

The same Huckabee who failed to report gifts received while in public
office, as required by the law? That Huckabee?

Source? Make sure it's not a liberal, Arkansas newspaper, OK?
--
Quote of the day: "I did get to use that condom when I was 13, and several
more that
summer, thanks to a "fast" 14 year old young lady..." (Harry Krause,
bragging again!)

John H

It doesn't matter what source I provided. You'd find a reason to pretend it
was wrong.

On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 13:54:54 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 03:52:23 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"BAR" wrote in message
om...

Who are you hoping to vote for? Mike Huckleberry?

Do you have a problem voting for a guy with ethics and morals?

The same Huckabee who failed to report gifts received while in public
office, as required by the law? That Huckabee?

Source? Make sure it's not a liberal, Arkansas newspaper, OK?
--
Quote of the day: "I did get to use that condom when I was 13, and several
more that
summer, thanks to a "fast" 14 year old young lady..." (Harry Krause,
bragging again!)

John H

It doesn't matter what source I provided. You'd find a reason to pretend it
was wrong.

Right.
--
John H

"John H." wrote in message
On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 13:54:54 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"BAR" wrote in message
news:SrWdncOfhqHTyuHanZ2dnUVZ_jqdnZ2d@comcast. com...

Who are you hoping to vote for? Mike Huckleberry?

Do you have a problem voting for a guy with ethics and morals?

The same Huckabee who failed to report gifts received while in public
office, as required by the law? That Huckabee?

Source? Make sure it's not a liberal, Arkansas newspaper, OK?
--
Quote of the day: "I did get to use that condom when I was 13, and
several
more that
summer, thanks to a "fast" 14 year old young lady..." (Harry Krause,
bragging again!)

John H

It doesn't matter what source I provided. You'd find a reason to pretend
it
was wrong.

Right.
--
John H

That's infantile behavior. When your wife returns from her "tennis lesson",
ask her what she thinks about living with a fully grown infant.

On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 14:52:33 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

"BAR" wrote in message
[...]

You're right again. Batting 1000. Keep up the good work.
--
John H
HK HK is offline

BAR wrote:
wrote:
On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 22:50:13 -0500, BAR wrote:

http://www.slate.com/id/1004633/
Why does slate.com want McCain as a the Republican nominee for
president? There is too much media involvement in rehabilitating
McCain's image.

Oh come on, that article was written in 2000.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't McCain run for President in 2000?

Chris Matthews, MSNBC/NBC, was hoping to get McCain to challenge bush in
2004.

McCain ran for the nomination, but the Bushcrappers slimed him.

--
George W. Bush - the 43rd Best President Ever!

Iowa River Rats John Ernst Touring 0 May 27th 04 05:36 AM
Canoeing Iowa John Ernst Touring 2 May 25th 04 01:40 AM
FS in Iowa C.K.G.-B. General 4 April 7th 04 01:17 PM
FS in Iowa C.K.G.-B. General 0 April 1st 04 03:55 AM
FS in Iowa C.K.G.-B. Crew 0 March 30th 04 08:27 PM