Default So this is 2008...

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 23:13:01 GMT, wrote:

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 14:59:46 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Jan 1, 5:39*pm, "JimH" wrote:
wrote in message

On Jan 1, 2:35 pm, John H. wrote:

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 07:54:31 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Jan 1, 10:48 am, "Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here
wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 09:45:16 -0500, "Eisboch"

news Hmm. So far, seems a lot like 2007.

And 2006, 05, 04, 03, 02, 01...

However, New Years Resolutions this year for good old Shortwave are
pretty easy.

1 - I resolve to immediately start writing 2008 on all checks
instead
of 2007. Normally, it takes me until July to finally write the new
year instead of the old year.

That's it - the only resolution.

Ok, maybe one more.

2 - I resolve not to deal with morons thing year.

That about does it.
What's a "check"?

A little paper thingy that you write names and numbers on when you
want to pay for something.

Mrs. Wave doesn't allow me to have a debit card. :)

There is a reason.

I won't use a debit card, but I use my credit card for everything,
including $1 purchases.- Hide quoted text -

I am just the opposite, I use the debit for everything. When we use a
credit card we just send a payment anyway, we do not keep a balance..

Do you get any rebate on the debit card?
--
John H- Hide quoted text -

Yes we do... and of course gas credit at the grocer, and cash credt at
many other stores with their "tracking" cards..

==========

Better to put everything on a credit card and get free money for 30-60
days...............as long as you pay off your entire balance every month.
And as John said, many credit cards give your rebates.- Hide quoted text -

I see your point, but my bank visa debit card does give me rebates too
in case I was not clear above. I do however use "my" money sooner my
way.

Another difference between a Debit card and a Credit card becomes apparent if
you want to dispute a charge. Using a debit card is the same as writing a check
or using cash. You will never see that money again, no matter what if something
is wrong with the transaction. The bank sure isn't going to go get it back for
you. With a credit card, you at least "may" be able to get it back.

That's a good point. I've disputed the same charge from the same VOIP
company for three months in a row now. They keep charging, even though I've
canceled the service and have an email to prove it. The VISA folks keep
giving me the credit for the charge.
--
John H
Dan Dan is offline

HK wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
news
Hmm. So far, seems a lot like 2007.

And 2006, 05, 04, 03, 02, 01...

However, New Years Resolutions this year for good old Shortwave are
pretty easy.

1 - I resolve to immediately start writing 2008 on all checks instead
of 2007. Normally, it takes me until July to finally write the new
year instead of the old year.

That's it - the only resolution.

Ok, maybe one more.

2 - I resolve not to deal with morons thing year.

That about does it.

What's a "check"?

Eisboch

I actually wrote a check at the fish market yesterday. The damned
electronic checkcard/creditcard gizmo was not working. I keep a check in
my wallet. It was as dog-eared as that foil-wrapped Trojan condom we
used to keep in there in our teens in the hope we'd get lucky.

Pure narcissistic BS.

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 20:25:41 -0500, Dan wrote:

HK wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

Why do you say that? He admitted he never used *his* one and only Trojan!
--

JohnH

"Opa of 6"
Dan Dan is offline

HK wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

Not that. The CC machine wasn't working? Bull****. He will find any
stupid reason to be a part of a topic.

Andy's Predictions for 2008 HK General 23 January 3rd 08 12:24 AM
Hillary In 2008 gonefishiing ASA 57 November 9th 04 12:58 AM
2008 Eisboch General 13 November 8th 04 09:09 PM