Default For you smart audiophiles...

"Larry" wrote in message

You also don't
need a $1200 woofer that can reproduce 10-50 Hz, because the only thing
down there is turntable rumble and a few heavy trucks rattling FM
detector's tuned circuits, in older radios. Shhh...this farce has been
successfully sold the the public since WW2. It made many billionaires!

Subsonic frequencies are often recorded as low frequency effects in some DVD
movies. Watch "Das Boat" on a home theater system equipped with an 18"
Velodyne subwoofer and you will be convinced. Nothing you hear, but
certainly something you feel.

Eisboch

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 05:47:59 +0000, Larry wrote:

Armed with this information, why would you buy a $5000 stereo receiver
that has a frequency response so wonderful it can reproduce 30 Khz to
drive the neighbor's ultrasonic-hearing dogs just crazy? You also don't
need a $1200 woofer that can reproduce 10-50 Hz, because the only thing
down there is turntable rumble and a few heavy trucks rattling FM
detector's tuned circuits, in older radios. Shhh...this farce has been
successfully sold the the public since WW2. It made many billionaires!

Anybody notice that Larry is just like Harry if you change the L and H
around?

Same attitudes, same theory system - same everything only the focus is
different.
Jim Jim is offline

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 05:47:59 +0000, Larry wrote:

Armed with this information, why would you buy a $5000 stereo receiver
that has a frequency response so wonderful it can reproduce 30 Khz to
drive the neighbor's ultrasonic-hearing dogs just crazy? You also don't
need a $1200 woofer that can reproduce 10-50 Hz, because the only thing
down there is turntable rumble and a few heavy trucks rattling FM
detector's tuned circuits, in older radios. Shhh...this farce has been
successfully sold the the public since WW2. It made many billionaires!

Anybody notice that Larry is just like Harry if you change the L and H
around?

Same attitudes, same theory system - same everything only the focus is
different.

Actually, there is a difference. The delivery is similar, but there is some
interesting content in what Larry posts. On the other hand. Harry's repatoir
consists of "I hate you", I hate Bush", "America sucks", "If you join the
military you're a loser", "I have the best boat",
I have the best guns", "My wife is younger than yours", I know everything
there is to know about anything worth knowing". Another thing. Larry has a
parrot. Harry is one. He repeats the same old **** ad nauseum.
Rant mode off. That felt good.

HK HK is offline

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 05:47:59 +0000, Larry wrote:

Armed with this information, why would you buy a $5000 stereo receiver
that has a frequency response so wonderful it can reproduce 30 Khz to
drive the neighbor's ultrasonic-hearing dogs just crazy? You also don't
need a $1200 woofer that can reproduce 10-50 Hz, because the only thing
down there is turntable rumble and a few heavy trucks rattling FM
detector's tuned circuits, in older radios. Shhh...this farce has been
successfully sold the the public since WW2. It made many billionaires!

Anybody notice that Larry is just like Harry if you change the L and H
around?

Same attitudes, same theory system - same everything only the focus is
different.

Really? Does Larry also think the bitty Bose speaker systems are crap,
and that you cannot violate the laws of physics when it comes to sound
reproduction?

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 15:01:27 -0600, Del Cecchi wrote:

free version supports it. there are also programs to compress flac and
convert to mp3.

Flac is already compressed, but it's a loss-less compression.

http://flac.sourceforge.net/faq.html

"HK" wrote in message

Really? Does Larry also think the bitty Bose speaker systems are crap, and
that you cannot violate the laws of physics when it comes to sound
reproduction?

Bitty Bose speaker systems may be crap, but the ol' Doc has done pretty
well:

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/compa...y-History.html

Eisboch

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 05:47:59 +0000, Larry wrote:

Armed with this information, why would you buy a $5000 stereo receiver
that has a frequency response so wonderful it can reproduce 30 Khz to
drive the neighbor's ultrasonic-hearing dogs just crazy? You also don't
need a $1200 woofer that can reproduce 10-50 Hz, because the only thing
down there is turntable rumble and a few heavy trucks rattling FM
detector's tuned circuits, in older radios. Shhh...this farce has been
successfully sold the the public since WW2. It made many billionaires!

Anybody notice that Larry is just like Harry if you change the L and H
around?

Same attitudes, same theory system - same everything only the focus is
different.

While Larry has a very strong opinion on many subjects, and KNOWS his
opinion is the only one worthwhile, he does not believe the entire world
revolves around himself, nor does he spend all of his time hurling
personal insults. If i was Larry I would be very insulted.

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

Really? Does Larry also think the bitty Bose speaker systems are crap, and
that you cannot violate the laws of physics when it comes to sound
reproduction?

Bitty Bose speaker systems may be crap, but the ol' Doc has done pretty
well:

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/compa...y-History.html

Eisboch

So has Dick Cheney. Doesn't mean he isn't crap, too. Sometimes there is
a connection between money and quality, and sometimes there isn't.
Wal-Mart does a tremendous amount of business, and yet it is a crap
operation.

--
George W. Bush - the 43rd Best President Ever!

Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
[...]

Another MAJOR difference is Larry actually has friends and enjoys and
spends time boating.

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 01:23:34 +0000, Larry wrote:

"Del Cecchi" wrote in news:5tii56F1dtcp9U1
:

I don't know, I've got the pay version, because I use it with my sound
systems for instruments, etc. so I don't know if the free version
supports it, I'll try to find out.

free version supports it. there are also programs to compress flac and
convert to mp3.

Many bit torrent sites use flac, and bootlegs are also often distributed
as flac.

Are you guys playing all this disk-hogging FLAC through those ****ty little
boat speakers that sound like crap?

Don't forget all the music was sampled at 44.1 Kbps in the first place
before they burned it onto the CDs. No matter how many Gigabytes you
encode it into it's NEVER gonna overcome it.

Larry

I play it through my Bose speakers.

OT Maybe you're not as smart as you think you are? Gregory Hall ASA 1 July 13th 07 05:53 PM
Smart pig Scott Vernon ASA 2 February 3rd 05 08:57 PM
O.T. Any audiophiles here? scottht General 13 November 4th 03 01:59 AM
How Smart are you? Capt.American ASA 2 July 13th 03 07:45 PM