Default For you smart audiophiles...

I went to alt.binaries.sounds.lossless.classical and ran into a 'flac' file
extension.

Anybody know what will open a file with that extension? WMP, Divx, and
IrfanView won't touch it.

On Dec 27, 9:08*am, John H. wrote:
I went to alt.binaries.sounds.lossless.classical and ran into a 'flac' file
extension.

Anybody know what will open a file with that extension? WMP, Divx, and
IrfanView won't touch it.

WinAmp with the FLAC plugin is what I use, here are some mo

http://www.fileinfo.net/extension/flac

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 06:11:26 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Dec 27, 9:08*am, John H. wrote:
I went to alt.binaries.sounds.lossless.classical and ran into a 'flac' file
extension.

Anybody know what will open a file with that extension? WMP, Divx, and
IrfanView won't touch it.

WinAmp with the FLAC plugin is what I use, here are some mo

http://www.fileinfo.net/extension/flac

The free version of Winamp or the pay version, or does it make any
difference?

On Dec 27, 9:08 am, John H. wrote:
I went to alt.binaries.sounds.lossless.classical and ran into a 'flac'
file
extension.

Anybody know what will open a file with that extension? WMP, Divx, and
IrfanView won't touch it.

WinAmp with the FLAC plugin is what I use, here are some mo

http://www.fileinfo.net/extension/flac

The free version of Winamp or the pay version, or does it make any
difference?

If you promise never to post to this newsgroup again, I'll send you my copy
of Winamp along with the necessary registration info.

On Dec 27, 9:08*am, John H. wrote:
I went to alt.binaries.sounds.lossless.classical and ran into a 'flac' file
extension.

Anybody know what will open a file with that extension? WMP, Divx, and
IrfanView won't touch it.

WinAmp with the FLAC plugin is what I use, here are some mo

http://www.fileinfo.net/extension/flac

The free version of Winamp or the pay version, or does it make any
difference?

I don't know, I've got the pay version, because I use it with my sound
systems for instruments, etc. so I don't know if the free version
supports it, I'll try to find out.

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 14:22:40 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

.. .

On Dec 27, 9:08 am, John H. wrote:
I went to alt.binaries.sounds.lossless.classical and ran into a 'flac'
file
extension.

Anybody know what will open a file with that extension? WMP, Divx, and
IrfanView won't touch it.

WinAmp with the FLAC plugin is what I use, here are some mo

http://www.fileinfo.net/extension/flac

The free version of Winamp or the pay version, or does it make any
difference?

If you promise never to post to this newsgroup again, I'll send you my copy
of Winamp along with the necessary registration info.

It's probably loaded with virii. (Some stuff Harry invented.)

No thanks. Learn to use your filters, but don't pretend - like some do.
RG RG is offline

"John H." wrote in message
I went to alt.binaries.sounds.lossless.classical and ran into a 'flac' file
extension.

Anybody know what will open a file with that extension? WMP, Divx, and
IrfanView won't touch it.

My mp3 player and the software that comes with it supports flac. It's the
format I use when I'm auditioning a new cd on the portable player.

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 15:09:19 GMT, "RG" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
.. .
I went to alt.binaries.sounds.lossless.classical and ran into a 'flac' file
extension.

Anybody know what will open a file with that extension? WMP, Divx, and
IrfanView won't touch it.

My mp3 player and the software that comes with it supports flac. It's the
format I use when I'm auditioning a new cd on the portable player.

It looks like I'll have to download some more software to play the flac
file. Or, not download .flac files. That's always an option too!

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:19:52 -0500, John H. wrote:

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 15:09:19 GMT, "RG" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
. ..
I went to alt.binaries.sounds.lossless.classical and ran into a 'flac' file
extension.

Anybody know what will open a file with that extension? WMP, Divx, and
IrfanView won't touch it.

My mp3 player and the software that comes with it supports flac. It's the
format I use when I'm auditioning a new cd on the portable player.

It looks like I'll have to download some more software to play the flac
file. Or, not download .flac files. That's always an option too!

Just installed Winamp. The current free version handles a 'flac' file. Yay!

On Dec 27, 10:33*am, John H. wrote:
On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:19:52 -0500, John H. wrote:
On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 15:09:19 GMT, "RG" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
. ..
I went to alt.binaries.sounds.lossless.classical and ran into a 'flac' file
extension.

Anybody know what will open a file with that extension? WMP, Divx, and
IrfanView won't touch it.

My mp3 player and the software that comes with it supports flac. *It's the
format I use when I'm auditioning a new cd on the portable player.

It looks like I'll have to download some more software to play the flac
file. Or, not download .flac files. That's always an option too!

Just installed Winamp. The current free version handles a 'flac' file. Yay!- Hide quoted text -

You're welcome......

OT Maybe you're not as smart as you think you are? Gregory Hall ASA 1 July 13th 07 05:53 PM
Smart pig Scott Vernon ASA 2 February 3rd 05 08:57 PM
O.T. Any audiophiles here? scottht General 13 November 4th 03 01:59 AM
How Smart are you? Capt.American ASA 2 July 13th 03 07:45 PM