Jim Jim is offline

Default Good Grief

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Jim wrote:
Probably old HK pulling a prank or some guy from yugorovia who is sending
you his winnings from megayuk lottery and wants you to refund the
difference to his offshore bank in Neverland. Procede with caution, and
GOOD LUCK. Merry Holidays!
"Eisboch" wrote in message
Just when I thought life was simple again with no major decisions to be
made....

The broker just called. He has a written offer for the Navigator.

Damit.

Eisboch

It's no prank of mine, a**hole.

Now that wasn't called for, potty mouth.

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
"Eisboch" wrote in message
Just when I thought life was simple again with no major decisions to be
made....

The broker just called. He has a written offer for the Navigator.

Damit.

Eisboch

It's no prank of mine, a**hole.

You really need to lighten up Harry.

Eisboch

"Jim" wrote in message

Probably old HK pulling a prank or some guy from yugorovia who is sending
you his winnings from megayuk lottery and wants you to refund the
difference to his offshore bank in Neverland. Procede with caution, and
GOOD LUCK. Merry Holidays!

Howdy Jim,

Long time no hear. How's that new "Yacht" of yours running?

I spent a couple of hours on the phone with the broker in MD. No pranks.
Turns out he and I have a lot in common ....both started companies involved
in similar technologies, both sold them at about the same time, took our
proceeds and ran. Very interesting guy who shared some common interest
stories regarding boats and the market, etc.

Anyway, the offer has been accepted, subject to him successfully selling his
current boat, obtaining financing, survey and short sea trial. They are
coming up this weekend for an overall inspection, then the survey and sea
trial will be scheduled. We'll see. I might have to shift the flag back
to the GB. Problem is, I had the Navigator all set up for spending some
time on it this winter. The GB is stored away inside, so if the sale is
consummated, I may be boatless for the winter.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message

[...]

That's a lot of conditions...

Hey, if the Nav sells and you want to be near the water, you could
always rent a Winnebago.
Jim Jim is offline

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Jim" wrote in message

[...]

That's a lot of "subject to's" to deal with. I'll keep my fingers crossed
for you.
The Yacht is doing fine. I thought I'd cruise on down to Titusville
tomorrow morning to see what's going on there. It's getting chilly down
here. I may have to turn the heat pumps on soon.
Take care,
Jim in Fl

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 17:57:51 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

Anyway, the offer has been accepted, subject to him successfully selling his
current boat

You should put a (short) time limit on that one. The market is slow
and his sale could stretch out, with your boat off the market. Better
to have a contingency that says he has x days to obtain satisfactory
financing, otherwise no deal or he pays penalties from his deposit for
extensions.

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 17:57:51 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

Anyway, the offer has been accepted, subject to him successfully selling
his
current boat

You should put a (short) time limit on that one. The market is slow
and his sale could stretch out, with your boat off the market. Better
to have a contingency that says he has x days to obtain satisfactory
financing, otherwise no deal or he pays penalties from his deposit for
extensions.

I wasn't very clear or detailed about the offer. The closing (if it occurs)
has to be within 35 calendar days from yesterday per the purchase agreement.
With our signed acceptance, he is required to submit a deposit to the broker
and his current boat is under contract/agreement with a scheduled closing on
Dec 10. The financing, survey and sea trial are pretty standard, so I think
it's a reasonable time frame.

This offer came out of the blue .... I had officially taken the Navigator
off the market as of November 15th. As much as I like the boat I don't want
to keep two of them and in the current market decent offers are becoming far
and few between.

Now, if someone happens along and buys the GB as well ... and apparently
there is a serious, interested party for it as well, I've got my eye on
something else. It may take some doing to get it approved by the Admiral,
however.

Eisboch

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 03:09:47 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I forbid you to sell the Navigator until I can talk Mrs. Wave into it.
Or take a ride on it.

Ok - ok - I got a carried away there - sorry. :)

Good luck with it, but I still think you are going to miss it.

Now, if someone happens along and buys the GB as well ... and apparently
there is a serious, interested party for it as well, I've got my eye on
something else. It may take some doing to get it approved by the Admiral,
however.

Hmmmmm - mega yacht?

Good Grief Capt. Rob ASA 1 April 15th 06 10:06 PM
Good grief... Wayne.B General 0 February 22nd 06 07:27 PM
Good Grief!!!! Capt.Mooron ASA 8 January 27th 06 02:57 PM