Default Happy World Toilet Day...

"Don White" wrote in message

news
Funny you should mention that.

The local Building Trades Council had bid on the new Killingly High
School - a $64 million dollar state-of-the-art building.

While the town Building Committee was willing to negotiate a contract
for the iron workers, carpenters and painters, they did not want to
hire union plumbers, electricians or masons.

You might want to ask why. The answer is pretty simple. When the
building upgrade for the Intermediate school was completed, the
plumbing and electrical failed code and one wall was out of plumb -
not the architect's fault either - shoddy workmanship and it was late
opening - by six months.

Compared to the Plainfield High school - another state-of-the-art
building which was built with non-Union labor. Came in under budget,
on time and in move in condition. Won some kind of international
award to boot. Passed state and local inspections in record time.

The interesting thing was the Plainfield High school was bigger, more
complex and cost 1/3 less than the high school they are planning in
Killingly.

Go figure.

Not looking to pick a fight - just stating facts.

Only the facts.

What the $%$%! Our new high school in the center of the city cost
between $20-30 million and everybody's crying about that.
This new school replaces two older schools from the days when the
catholics had their own and everyone else, the other.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citadel_High_School

Your dollar is worth more.

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:28:01 -0400, "Don White"
wrote:

What the $%$%! Our new high school in the center of the city cost between
$20-30 million and everybody's crying about that.

How many students?

"D.Duck" wrote in message

If I had it to do all over again I'd have 4 kids.

One would be a doctor.
One would be a dentist.
One would be an electrician.
One would be a plumber.

Eisboch

How about a fifth? A mortician to plant at the end of your visit here.

You seem to have everything else covered.

We could always adopt.

Eisboch

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 20:42:06 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:41:41 -0500, HK wrote:

It takes a lot more education, training, and skill to become a
steamfitter than it does to become a college graduate.

Harry - give it up - please, you are making an ass of yourself.

Do you know where Harry went to college? Hell, it probably takes the Navy
about 16 weeks to train one.

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:33:09 -0500, "Eisboch"

news

Funny you should mention that.

You might want to ask why. The answer is pretty simple. When the
building upgrade for the Intermediate school was completed, the
plumbing and electrical failed code and one wall was out of plumb -
not the architect's fault either - shoddy workmanship and it was late
opening - by six months.

I lost all respect for the advertised "superior" workmanship quality and
work ethic of unionized big corporations when I was in business.

It's nonsense, plain and simple.

I have a couple of tenants who are union - one is a painter and the
other is a mason.

When they find union work, it's fine, but to hear them tell it, it's
not worth the effort or the expense. The unions take the yearly dues
and they never hear from the business agents or the stewards.

They have to take non-union jobs because they aren't getting any work
from the unions and when they do get work, it's usually in another
state or over two hours away from home. Sure, they are making
thirty/thirty five bucks an hour, but living expenses, gas, etc they
aren't making more than $12/14 an hour.

In fact, the painter quit and started his own business a couple of
years ago - he's got six people working for him now and making enough
money to buy the house he's been living in for the past two years -
cash. The mason sub-contracts out to residential and commercial
contractors and is also starting to make enough money to start saving.
Neither one is ever going back to the union.

The only thing keeping unions alive is the government. If the
government stopped insisting on unions, the labor movement would die
in a short period of time.

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:50:14 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"D.Duck" wrote in message
m...

If I had it to do all over again I'd have 4 kids.

One would be a doctor.
One would be a dentist.
One would be an electrician.
One would be a plumber.

How about a fifth? A mortician to plant at the end of your visit here.

You seem to have everything else covered.

We could always adopt.

Trust me on this - you don't want doctors in the family.

Ever.

They have the habit of butting into your status and insisting on
seeing things like test reports and establishing relationships with
your own doctor.

You can't get away with anything.

Oddly, they seem to leave Mrs. Wave alone. :)

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:49:13 -0500, " JimH" ask wrote:

.. .
Let us all give thanks to Thomas Crapper for this wonderful invention.

Which is also used on boats, so it's appropriate.

http://www.cwwa.ca/internationalwaterdays_e.asp

I cannot wait to find out what we celebrate tomorrow! ;-)

Armageddon.

Trust me on this - you don't want doctors in the family.

Ever.

They have the habit of butting into your status and insisting on
seeing things like test reports and establishing relationships with
your own doctor.

I have something for you .....

http://www.eisboch.com/theend.wav

Eisboch

JimH wrote:
"Reginald Smithers III" wrote in message
HK wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
Let us all give thanks to Thomas Crapper for this wonderful invention.

Which is also used on boats, so it's appropriate.

http://www.cwwa.ca/internationalwaterdays_e.asp

If I had a youngster today, I'd advise them to enter a union
apprenticeship program for either plumbing or electrical. No matter where
these society goes, it is going to want indoor plumbing and electricity.

There's a chance the nuke plant near us might be expanded. If so, it will
mean several years of very high paying work for union plumbers and
electricians, among others. We're talking about $100,000+ a year,
family-supporting jobs for hardworking men and women who have the skills
to do the necessary critical work.

I had a plumber quote me $465 to change the trap under my mothers sink. I
think he is making more than they make at the nuke plant. Of course, I
didn't hire him, I did it myself.

It takes 5 minutes to change a trap. Why did you even bother calling a
plumber?

BTW, no offense but I do not believe you received a $465 quote to change a
trap. No way.

hmmmmmmmmmm, OK

but I am still willing to accept your humble apology

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:01:41 -0500, "Eisboch"

.. .

Trust me on this - you don't want doctors in the family.

Ever.

They have the habit of butting into your status and insisting on
seeing things like test reports and establishing relationships with
your own doctor.

I have something for you .....

http://www.eisboch.com/theend.wav

Every time I hear that song, I crack up.

"Not quite what he meant by eighteen holes a day"....

~~ snicker ~~

Snaking a toilet Gilligan ASA 1 December 14th 06 05:59 PM
toilet [email protected] General 3 June 15th 06 09:14 AM
Toilet on a budget Stephen Trapani Cruising 9 May 18th 04 02:04 AM
Toilet Question Steve General 1 December 1st 03 07:11 PM
New Toilet Peggie Hall General 5 August 27th 03 12:24 AM