Default GM introducing hybrid pickups,, 6000 lb tow capacity

On Oct 22, 4:49?pm, BAR wrote:
Chuck Gould wrote:
On Oct 22, 11:31?am, "Ernest Scribbler"
wrote:
"Chuck Gould" wrote

You will be able to buy a half ton pickup from GM, rated for 6000 lb
towing capacity, in the 2008 model year.
Whoah. I'm getting a huge raise? Or hitting the lottery?

You as in the group sense, not the specific. Prices reputedly "start"
at under $40,000, and if I'm not mistaken that's not an exceptionally
high price for a new full size truck.

Chuck do the math. Compare the cost of a hybrid vs. a non-hybrid over
150,000 miles. Oh, and don't forget about replacing the batteries at
100,000 miles.

Anybody not driving the most basic Japanese car available for 15-20
years has failed to "do the math". For most of us, the cars we drive
are chosen as much because we like them as they are because they were
the cheapest transportation we could find.

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:39:31 -0400, HK wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
" JimH" ask wrote in message

Who knows how it pans out for the person doing a lot of towing.

All you need is *all* wheel drive .......

http://www.eisboch.com/kingman3

Uh...who painted the bottom on that boat?

I'll bet money that he painted the bow a different color of bottom
paint.

Or used that fancy new epoxy stuff.

Thinking about doing the same with the Ranger.

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:46:19 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
" JimH" ask wrote in message

Who knows how it pans out for the person doing a lot of towing.

All you need is *all* wheel drive .......

http://www.eisboch.com/kingman3

Eisboch

Uh...who painted the bottom on that boat?

Weird, huh?

I know the guy that owns this boat. All I can say is that the bottom paint
fits his personality. He's really into *image* .... both himself and his
possessions. Probably doesn't want to be seen on a plane with that ugly
bottom paint showing.

Did he paint the bow differently?

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:57:18 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

" JimH" ask wrote in message

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
" JimH" ask
wrote in message

Who knows how it pans out for the person doing a lot of towing.

All you need is *all* wheel drive .......

http://www.eisboch.com/kingman3

Eisboch

Uh...who painted the bottom on that boat?

I was wondering the same thing. The boat must sit very stern heavy.

No. I jumped ahead of myself when I answered Harry.

The front section and upper side sections are painted with a white bottom
paint.
The red section is the less expensive, red paint.

Like I said, this guy is into image.

Man, I'm good.

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:33:59 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
roups.com...

Some decisions aren't made for entirely financial reasons. We chose
the car we did because performance was much improved over the standard
V6 model *and* it's nice once in a while to make a decision that shows
a little bit of mercy on the environment. If we wanted to make a
totally smart financial decision, we would have purchased a brand new,
tiny, Sally Rand Toyonda, kept it for 15 years, and driven it 200-300k
miles

I think it's interesting that GM is introducing similar technology on
vehicles suitable for light duty towing.

Electric motors by virtue of their design have tremendous torque ... much
more than a gas or diesel engine of the same horsepower.

Diesel/Electric is the answer, my friend!

How many times have a said that over the years?

A bizillion time - with a B.

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:38:12 -0400, " JimH" ask wrote:

Until the cost of hybrids go down I doubt most folks will not be willing to
pay the premium for the "I saved the World" badge.

That kind of thinking has gotten the Detroit auto industry into the
mess they are in now. I just wish that Toyota would start making boat
engines in a big way.

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:35:45 -0700, Chuck Gould
wrote:

Anybody not driving the most basic Japanese car available for 15-20
years has failed to "do the math".

I'm not sure I agree with that. We are now on a 20+ year string of
owning Japanese cars. We usually buy top of the line, fully loaded
models that offer just about everything you could want in comfort,
style, features, etc. The big pay off is not fuel efficiency, but
durability and reliability. These cars just keep running, do not
nickel and dime you to death with petty maintenance issues, and do not
leave you stranded in the middle of a road trip just because they have
over 80K miles on them.

That's worth a lot to me.

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:43:20 -0400, "Eisboch"

.. .

Eisboch wrote:
" JimH" ask wrote in message

Who knows how it pans out for the person doing a lot of towing.

All you need is *all* wheel drive .......

http://www.eisboch.com/kingman3

Uh...who painted the bottom on that boat?

I'll bet money that he painted the bow a different color of bottom
paint.

Or used that fancy new epoxy stuff.

Thinking about doing the same with the Ranger.

Image, huh?

Who me?

You've met me - you think I have an image? :)
BAR BAR is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message

Chuck do the math. Compare the cost of a hybrid vs. a non-hybrid over
150,000 miles. Oh, and don't forget about replacing the batteries at
100,000 miles.

Good grief.....

It's not about cost.

It's about being green.

When I die they can plant my body in the ground and fertilize the
closest tree. That's when this world will recoup my carbon footprint.

As long as I am living I will be keeping the green in my pockets.

Hybrid...wow! Bobsprit ASA 47 May 23rd 04 11:01 PM
Fuel tank dual pickups Bill S General 2 May 12th 04 09:41 PM
HPI vs. RIB vs. Walker Bay hybrid decision Morris40 Cruising 2 February 2nd 04 05:03 PM
hybrid yatch [email protected] General 62 January 30th 04 11:10 PM
hybrid dinghy Parallax Cruising 1 October 21st 03 05:46 PM