Bill S

Default Fuel tank dual pickups

The pickup tube inside my fuel tank cracked on my 1994 Proline 23ft center
console. The repair shop was able to connect the fuel line to a "second
pickup" on the tank. This saved the work of cutting the tank out of the
deck.

I am wondering if this second connection is really intended to be a pickup
or is it there for some other reason ( like being able to clean out the
contents of the tank bottom )? If that is the case is this second
connection going to give me a problem?

Calif Bill

"Bill S" wrote in message
om...
The pickup tube inside my fuel tank cracked on my 1994 Proline 23ft center
console. The repair shop was able to connect the fuel line to a "second
pickup" on the tank. This saved the work of cutting the tank out of the
deck.

I am wondering if this second connection is really intended to be a pickup
or is it there for some other reason ( like being able to clean out the
contents of the tank bottom )? If that is the case is this second
connection going to give me a problem?

Should not be a problem IMO. Probably a 2nd pickup for a dual engine setup.

RG

Should not be a problem IMO. Probably a 2nd pickup for a dual engine

setup.

Or could be a 2nd pickup intended for a genset. If designed specifically
for a genset, you might not be able to draw as much fuel out of the tank as
with the other pickup. Often, fuel pickups designed for genset use will
terminate higher in the tank than pickups for the propulsion engine(s).
This is to prevent you from running your tank dry running the genset. I
suppose someone has done it before. The genset will run out of fuel due to
the higher pickup and will allow a reserve of get-home fuel.

portable fuel tank leaking RB General 3 April 29th 04 07:20 PM
97 sea ray sundancer fuel tank? Run all 8 General 1 April 17th 04 07:34 PM
Best way to empty built in fuel tank Camilo General 10 April 16th 04 06:11 PM
Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale General 6 February 20th 04 02:28 PM
Fuel Tank Clog....Please help!! Doug Trowbridge General 3 July 18th 03 02:33 AM