Default Manteo, North Carolina - a truly great sportfishing center

We pulled into Manteo this afternoon, directly behind the Outer Banks
and close to the infamous Oregon Inlet. The marina where we are
docked has one of the biggest collections of large sportfishing boats
that I have ever seen in one place. There must be well over $100
million in boats on our dock alone. We seriously thought about
getting a decent sized sportfish instead of the Grand Banks but the
lack of living space on anything less than 55 feet convinced us
otherwise. They certainly are magnificent looking however.

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 18:13:17 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

We pulled into Manteo this afternoon, directly behind the Outer Banks
and close to the infamous Oregon Inlet. The marina where we are
docked has one of the biggest collections of large sportfishing boats
that I have ever seen in one place. There must be well over $100
million in boats on our dock alone. We seriously thought about
getting a decent sized sportfish instead of the Grand Banks but the
lack of living space on anything less than 55 feet convinced us
otherwise. They certainly are magnificent looking however.

I know where there is a 60 foot Hatteras with 1200 hp super charged
MANs available - brandy new to boot. :)

wrote:

We pulled into Manteo this afternoon, directly behind the Outer Banks
and close to the infamous Oregon Inlet. The marina where we are
docked has one of the biggest collections of large sportfishing boats
that I have ever seen in one place. There must be well over $100
million in boats on our dock alone. We seriously thought about
getting a decent sized sportfish instead of the Grand Banks but the
lack of living space on anything less than 55 feet convinced us
otherwise. They certainly are magnificent looking however.

I know where there is a 60 foot Hatteras with 1200 hp super charged
MANs available - brandy new to boot. :)

That would be cool. Unfortunately it would not fit too well on our
dock back in FL. It probably has something like an 18 ft beam, one of
the issue with the 55 that we liked. Fuel burn is another issue of
course, something like 90 to 100 gph at cruise. And then there are
those 24 big cylinders to maintain.

wrote:

[...]

Yeah - well, hey - if I win the lottery, that would be my choice.

I wonder how much I'd have to pay the Goracle to offset my carbon
footprint with that much diesel burn. :)

news
I know where there is a 60 foot Hatteras with 1200 hp super charged
MANs available - brandy new to boot. :)

Not new by any means, but I know of a boat for sale that would be worth
every penny, IMO. It's a 1983, 36' Hatteras Convertible that has been
completely overhauled and repowered. "New" includes:

New Yanmar 440hp diesels,2006,under warranty until 5/2008
New 8kw generator,2007
New wiring
New plumbing
New electronic controls
New complete Furuno electronics package
All new carpeting
All new upholstery and curtains
New refrigeration
New stereo/CD incabins,cockpit and bridge
New flybridge canvas
New cockpit non-skid
Refinished all interior and exterior surfaces
Complete engine room detailing and new insulation

Asking price is currently 150k.

Eisboch

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 02:57:39 -0400, "Eisboch"

news
[...]

That's an excellent price in my opinion if there are no hidden issues.
The upgrades alone are worth every bit of that, everything else is
free. :-)

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
[...]

That's what I thought. The boat is nearby my slip and without benefit of a
survey, it "looks" pretty good.

The seller is obviously motivated. The price was recently reduced from
185k.

Eisboch