Default Those Were the Days......

Perusing the September 1971 issue of the magazine with which I am
associated, I found an interesting ad for some brand new Uniflite
boats.

One is a flybridge sedan, and the copy reads:

**
1971 Uniflite 31' Sport Sedan. Length 31', beam 10'7". The vesatile
31' Sport Sedan is one of America's most popular boats. It is a fine
deep sea fishing craft as well as an ideal family cruising boat. The
hull became famous when the Navy selected it for a fleet of swift
patrol craft. Twin screw powered with a standard fly-bridge. See this
great boat at our marina. Priced from $24,995
**

And for those seeking a slightly smaller boat or on a more restricted
budget:

**
1971 27' Uniflite Cruiser. Length 27'3", beam 9'7". The Uniflite 27'
cruiser is the ideal first big boat fo cruising Northwest waters. A
true big cruiser in construction, stability, and the features desired
by Northwest families. Sleeps 6 in comfort. Good galley, large head,
single or twin power. A rugged boat for years of pleasure. Prices
start at $15,995

***

Things have changed a bit......but not as much as it might first
appear all things considered. At least in this end of the country, a
$1000 monthly salary
was considered very good money back in 1971- and a lot of people got
by rather nicely on considerably less. (Run-of-the-mill Seattle area
homes were
$12-15,000 back then, with prices in the most exclusive neighborhoods
running as mind-boggling high as $30-35,000).

I guess it still takes a lot of people about a year's income to buy a
new 27' boat- so in some respects all that has happened is the decimal
point has moved. :-)

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
ups.com...

Perusing the September 1971 issue of the magazine with which I am
associated, I found an interesting ad for some brand new Uniflite
boats.

Uniflite built a heck of a boat. My father-in-law had a 1972, 28' Sports
Sedan and we had a 1978, 28' Uniflite Mega.

I was surprised to learn that they also made a small, run-about. Here's a
picture of a 1964 model:

http://www.unifliteworld.com/models/reduni1.jpg

Eisboch

On Oct 12, 9:21?am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Chuck Gould" wrote in message

ups.com...

Perusing the September 1971 issue of the magazine with which I am
associated, I found an interesting ad for some brand new Uniflite
boats.

Uniflite built a heck of a boat. My father-in-law had a 1972, 28' Sports
Sedan and we had a 1978, 28' Uniflite Mega.

I was surprised to learn that they also made a small, run-about. Here's a
picture of a 1964 model:

http://www.unifliteworld.com/models/reduni1.jpg

Eisboch

The lines on that boat certainly take you back, fins and all.

Reminds me somewhat of another boat also built in Bellingham over 40
years ago...the Bell Buoy.

Chuck Gould wrote in
ups.com:

Perusing the September 1971 issue of the magazine with which I

am
associated, I found an interesting ad for some brand new

Uniflite
boats.

The sticker price on my 1973 Mercedes-Benz 220 Diesel sedan was
$US7685 with A/C and Stereo radio, but the navy captain who
bought her had it delivered to his door in 1973 for $6250 cash.
It was a pretty good investment because I gave him $2800 back for
it 19 years later when his wife wanted a new Lincoln Town Car.

My '67 Volkswagen Kombi camper bus was $1895 new.

To blame someone, simply find the nearest office of the private
Federal Reserve Bank Corporation you're not allowed to know who
owns. They're the ones printing the useless dollarettes.

Too bad I didn't buy Canadian Dollars 3 years ago:
http://www.x-rates.com/d/CAD/USD/graph120.html

I probably shouldn't mention, because "they", at the private
Federal Reserve Bank Corporation, don't want you to know or think
for yourself, but look at the 20 year gold price chart for USD
on:
http://www.usagold.com/gold-price.html
Notice how gold prices had DROPPED, consistently, before the
false flag operation in 9/11/2001. Then, after 9/11, look at the
amazing curve in gold prices heading for the stratosphere, making
those Illuminati Bankers and their political associates such a
handsome profit margin....just for taking out a few buildings
with airplanes and missiles followed by controlled demolition,
after making the US Military Machine stand down.

Was it worth it? HELL YES! The gold more than DOUBLED!

Larry
--
Just like always....FOLLOW THE MONEY TRAIL....

Senior Member

On Oct 12, 1:02 pm, Larry wrote:
Chuck Gould wrote roups.com:

[...]

Wow! Never saw that one coming..

"Capitalism gives everyone a stake in society" Jim Michaels 1921-2007

11 more days.... Clams Canino General 14 November 2nd 06 06:07 PM
Three days later ... Donal ASA 7 May 30th 06 12:13 AM
May be away for a few days. Jonathan Ganz ASA 4 July 14th 03 04:01 AM
for those 95+ deg days Jonathan Ganz ASA 77 June 29th 03 04:58 AM