Default Fish Cannon

I like that feature, but I don't see it in the West Marine catalog.
http://cgvi.uscg.mil/media/main.php?...geViewsIndex=1

On Oct 2, 3:26?pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
I like that feature, but I don't see it in the West Marine catalog.http://cgvi.uscg.mil/media/main.php?..._imageViewsInd...

No reference to a fish cannon at your link. ???

But it may be similar to a "herring charge". When my granddad served
on destroyer escorts in the British Navy, WWI, detecting a German U
boat always resulted in fresh fish for dinner. In his personal log
from the war, he describes how the mess hands would run out on deck
with long handled nets during depth charge runs and scoop up huge
quantities of stunned fish.

Sometimes you hear about rednecks supposedly doing some catfishin'
with dynamite. Probably 99% urban legend, but the results would be
similar to Grandpa's depth charges- if on a smaller scale.

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 2, 3:26?pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
I like that feature, but I don't see it in the West Marine
catalog.http://cgvi.uscg.mil/media/main.php?..._imageViewsInd...

No reference to a fish cannon at your link. ???

But it may be similar to a "herring charge". When my granddad served
on destroyer escorts in the British Navy, WWI, detecting a German U
boat always resulted in fresh fish for dinner. In his personal log
from the war, he describes how the mess hands would run out on deck
with long handled nets during depth charge runs and scoop up huge
quantities of stunned fish.

Sometimes you hear about rednecks supposedly doing some catfishin'
with dynamite. Probably 99% urban legend, but the results would be
similar to Grandpa's depth charges- if on a smaller scale.

Chuck, you have a big boat, but you can't afford new glasses? Look at the
picture, directly above the guy in the yellow helmet. It's a fish cannon.

I am not in the mood to explain simple things tonight. Get with the program,
please.

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 22:39:30 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I have no idea what a fish cannon is unless you are talking down
riggers.

news
wrote:

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

Oh no. Not you too! :-)

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 23:06:24 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

news
wrote:

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
groups.com...
[...]

Well, I've never heard of a "fish cannon". It looks like the type of
artillery that uses a rocket powered shell of some sort, but why they
would call it a fish cannon I have no idea.

Got a reference to fish cannon?
Tim Tim is offline

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

I have no idea what a fish cannon is unless you are talking down
riggers.

I've made a spud gun before, fueled by hair spray and ignited with a
piezo lighter..

launched a Russell 'tater really well.

Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 2, 5:35 pm, Chuck Gould wrote:

Sometimes you hear about rednecks supposedly doing some catfishin'
with dynamite. Probably 99% urban legend, but the results would be
similar to Grandpa's depth charges- if on a smaller scale.

Well around here the local rednecks are much more stealth, than to use
things that make a big BOOM! What is the most illegal way to fish in
these parts? find an old crank telephone generator, attach a wire to
the output and throw it over one side of the boat, attach a ground
wire to the frame of thee generator, and throw it over theotherside.
then crank like heck.

Fish start bellying up to the top.

I've personally never been involved with such play, but know several
who have.

Getting caught by the US or IL-DOC, isn't a pretty sight , people have
been known to get their boats, trucks, etc. confiscated, PLUS major
strains on the wallet for fines and the threat of jail time.

Best not to mess with it.

25 Fish Later John H General 78 June 30th 05 07:34 PM
Kevin A. Cannon justice-for-all ASA 0 March 31st 05 04:38 AM
Poop cannon passes test Terry Spragg Cruising 5 October 22nd 04 12:53 AM
Kerry 'loose cannon' says ex-commander Anonymous Sender ASA 2 May 7th 04 03:04 AM
Fish and Ski I/O HugYourPug General 6 May 6th 04 03:35 AM