Default Whats the difference between Volvo and Merc?

Hi guys

I was just wondering what the differnces are, if any, between these
two manufactures.

I've only had Mercruiser so have no experience with Volvo.

This question applies to both engines and legs.

Thanks for any information

Simon

gilly wrote:
Hi guys

I was just wondering what the differnces are, if any, between these
two manufactures.

I've only had Mercruiser so have no experience with Volvo.

This question applies to both engines and legs.

Thanks for any information

Simon

I have a Volvo DuoProp (similar to Merc's Bravo 3) and have had no
problems with it. I am told that the clutch on a Volvo is smoother and
quieter than a Merc, but Merc is considered a great product.
HK HK is offline

gilly wrote:
Hi guys

I was just wondering what the differnces are, if any, between these
two manufactures.

I've only had Mercruiser so have no experience with Volvo.

This question applies to both engines and legs.

Thanks for any information

Simon

There isn't a lot of substantial difference in terms of engines, from
what I have read. I believe the Volvo outdrives are more complicated,
and therefore probably more prone to problems and more expensive repair
bills.

HK wrote:
gilly wrote:
Hi guys

I was just wondering what the differnces are, if any, between these
two manufactures.

I've only had Mercruiser so have no experience with Volvo.

This question applies to both engines and legs.

Thanks for any information

Simon

There isn't a lot of substantial difference in terms of engines, from
what I have read. I believe the Volvo outdrives are more complicated,
and therefore probably more prone to problems and more expensive repair
bills.

I haven't heard about the Volvo outdrives being more prone to problems,
where did you hear that?

The engines are all gm so there is really no difference there. The volvos
have more recent engineering that the merc alphas. The later mercs and
volves are more similar. The mercs have volume which makes parts and
service cheaper.

ps.com...