David Ditch

Default Merc 5.0 MPI or Volvo 5.0Gxi/SX

I am looking at a Four Winns 225 Sundowner.
The engine choices I am considering a
Merc 5.0MPI Bravo 1 260hp (1 year warranty)
Volvo Penta 5.0GXi/SX 270hp (2 year warranty)

My gut says Merc cause I hear they are easier to get mechanics to fix or
less expensive parts.
Second part of question is if I go with more power, would a Bravo III prop
mean that much of a difference for this size boat?

David

Tony Thomas

I personally would go w/ the Merc due to mechanic and parts availability
down the road. The Bravo III would be a great option for this boat. You
would not be sorry.

--
Tony
my boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"David Ditch" wrote in message
I am looking at a Four Winns 225 Sundowner.
The engine choices I am considering a
Merc 5.0MPI Bravo 1 260hp (1 year warranty)
Volvo Penta 5.0GXi/SX 270hp (2 year warranty)

My gut says Merc cause I hear they are easier to get mechanics to fix or
less expensive parts.
Second part of question is if I go with more power, would a Bravo III prop
mean that much of a difference for this size boat?

David

Winterizing ideas for 4.3l Volvo twins needed. Wklkj General 3 October 23rd 03 08:07 AM
Book on winterizing a Volvo Himm General 1 September 22nd 03 04:59 AM
Merc Parts and Price Look Up C/D's F/S RWells1442 General 0 September 11th 03 05:31 PM
Replacing Volvo engine Danny General 0 August 24th 03 05:57 PM
Merc outboard leaks oil Ty General 0 July 24th 03 09:05 PM