Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing.asa

Default fixing my Garmin 76 GPS

I wanted to pass on a method I used to fix my handheld Garmin GPS 76
that might be useful for similar units. One of the push buttons had
come out meaning that I could no longer access that function without
pushing something into the unit to press the membrane pad where the
switch had been. I squirted a little 3m5200 into the hole to form a
new "button" and it is just flexible enough to form a good button for
pressing the membrane AND it re-seals the unit to make it waterproof
again.

fixing up an old johnson Blazer Fan Dan General 15 November 4th 05 07:49 PM
Fixing Velcro to Kayaks Gene Cosloy Touring 3 September 26th 05 02:55 PM
Advise on fixing a bad repair? cpchrist General 1 August 17th 05 12:31 AM
fixing toggles steen Boat Building 3 August 12th 04 02:06 PM
Fixing the NG Clams Canino General 45 January 17th 04 03:34 PM