steen

Default fixing toggles

Hello,

Sugestions for how to fix tails/toggles like these:
http://www.the-watershed.co.uk/bcusurf/rules.htm ??

--
steen - menzi.dk
Ready for OpenOffice?
Brian Nystrom

steen wrote:

Hello,

Sugestions for how to fix tails/toggles like these:
http://www.the-watershed.co.uk/bcusurf/rules.htm ??

What they're referring to is standard "T" handled toggles as come on
most kayaks. If your boat has "luggage handles" instead, you can add
rope toggles or tails to them. The idea is to have a means of hauling
the boat that will allow it to twist and roll in the surf without
breaking your hand or wrist.

steen

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:27:23 UTC, Brian Nystrom
wrote:

Sugestions for how to fix tails/toggles like these:
http://www.the-watershed.co.uk/bcusurf/rules.htm ??

What they're referring to is standard "T" handled toggles as come on
most kayaks. If your boat has "luggage handles" instead, you can add
rope toggles or tails to them. The idea is to have a means of hauling
the boat that will allow it to twist and roll in the surf without
breaking your hand or wrist.

I know that. What I'm thinking of is how to prevent them from dangling
around. I consider tie a thin shock cord with a loop on, to the tail -
this I can make a little knob for, screwed to the boat.

Other suggestions..??
--
steen - menzi.dk
Ready for OpenOffice?
Brian Nystrom

wrote:

Sugestions for how to fix tails/toggles like these:
http://www.the-watershed.co.uk/bcusurf/rules.htm ??

What they're referring to is standard "T" handled toggles as come on
most kayaks. If your boat has "luggage handles" instead, you can add
rope toggles or tails to them. The idea is to have a means of hauling
the boat that will allow it to twist and roll in the surf without
breaking your hand or wrist.

I know that. What I'm thinking of is how to prevent them from dangling
around. I consider tie a thin shock cord with a loop on, to the tail -
this I can make a little knob for, screwed to the boat.

Other suggestions..??

Bungee cord is commonly used on commercial boats to keep toggles from
rattling. However, if the toggles are installed in holes drilled in the
ends of the boat, the bungee needs to be long enough and stretchy enough
to allow the toggles to extend past the ends of the boat. Otherwise,
they can't twist.

fixing Velcro to Kevlar job Boat Building 4 March 11th 04 03:52 PM
Fixing the NG Clams Canino General 45 January 17th 04 03:34 PM
fixing screw heads pulled though surface ply William R. Watt Boat Building 1 September 15th 03 03:26 PM
Testing - fixing triim gauge send unit Johnson Harv Electronics 0 September 15th 03 01:17 AM