BoatBanter.com

-   -   fixing toggles (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/21310-fixing-toggles.html)

steen August 9th 04 09:22 PM

fixing toggles

Hello,

Sugestions for how to fix tails/toggles like these:
http://www.the-watershed.co.uk/bcusurf/rules.htm ??

--
steen - menzi.dk
Ready for OpenOffice?

Brian Nystrom August 10th 04 12:27 PM

fixing toggles

steen wrote:

Hello,

Sugestions for how to fix tails/toggles like these:
http://www.the-watershed.co.uk/bcusurf/rules.htm ??

What they're referring to is standard "T" handled toggles as come on
most kayaks. If your boat has "luggage handles" instead, you can add
rope toggles or tails to them. The idea is to have a means of hauling
the boat that will allow it to twist and roll in the surf without
breaking your hand or wrist.

steen August 12th 04 04:30 AM

fixing toggles

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:27:23 UTC, Brian Nystrom
wrote:

Sugestions for how to fix tails/toggles like these:
http://www.the-watershed.co.uk/bcusurf/rules.htm ??

What they're referring to is standard "T" handled toggles as come on
most kayaks. If your boat has "luggage handles" instead, you can add
rope toggles or tails to them. The idea is to have a means of hauling
the boat that will allow it to twist and roll in the surf without
breaking your hand or wrist.

I know that. What I'm thinking of is how to prevent them from dangling
around. I consider tie a thin shock cord with a loop on, to the tail -
this I can make a little knob for, screwed to the boat.

Other suggestions..??
--
steen - menzi.dk
Ready for OpenOffice?

Brian Nystrom August 12th 04 02:06 PM

fixing toggles

wrote:

Sugestions for how to fix tails/toggles like these:
http://www.the-watershed.co.uk/bcusurf/rules.htm ??

What they're referring to is standard "T" handled toggles as come on
most kayaks. If your boat has "luggage handles" instead, you can add
rope toggles or tails to them. The idea is to have a means of hauling
the boat that will allow it to twist and roll in the surf without
breaking your hand or wrist.

I know that. What I'm thinking of is how to prevent them from dangling
around. I consider tie a thin shock cord with a loop on, to the tail -
this I can make a little knob for, screwed to the boat.

Other suggestions..??

Bungee cord is commonly used on commercial boats to keep toggles from
rattling. However, if the toggles are installed in holes drilled in the
ends of the boat, the bungee needs to be long enough and stretchy enough
to allow the toggles to extend past the ends of the boat. Otherwise,
they can't twist.