Default Homeowner's Associations suck!

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 07:49:16 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

Don White wrote:
"John H." wrote in message
snip.
Did you ever ask your mom for advice on your boating problem?

snip.. --
John H

Just what "boating problem" would that be???

You're just encouraging the dipstick, Don

Encouraging what, Harry? A normal conversation without name-calling?
--
John H
BAR BAR is offline

Don White wrote:
"John H." wrote in message
news
On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 19:02:32 -0400, BAR wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 07:49:48 -0400, BAR wrote:

Going to Bowling Green Country Club today. Might try to get in 36
holes.
This is where I broke 100 the first time, only to read later that is a
course designed to improve your self esteem!
Hit'em straight and only 1-putt.

When are you going to invite me to play the Medal of Honor course with
you at Quantico?

Well, crap, I hit too many three and four putts. Shot an even 100.

As for Quantico, how about Thursday, 30 Aug. Tee time to be determined,
but
I'll try for somewhere between 8 and 8:30. Quantico will let me make a
tee
time only 48 hours in advance, 'cause I'm not a member. They shouldn't
be
too busy, hopefully.
I am taking off on Wednesday, my birthday, I don't think the boss would
let me have two days off in a row.

Send me an email with a phone number, use jherring at cox dot net.
On the way!

Can't do it Wednesday, already committed. I'd think a nice day at Quantico
would be a good birthday present! Change days!
--
John H

Good grief! Why don't you take your matchmaking to alt.lifestyles

What is alt.lifestyles Don? You sound very familiar with its content.

"Reginald P. Smithers III" wrote:
or just by
placing a lein on the property.

aarrgghh!! ... Gawd I hate it when they do that.

gfretwell wrote:
You end up spending more money trying
to collect the fine than you get. In my condo we ended up being sued
by the bank who held the mortgage to stop us from trying to get a
taste of the scraps left on the table when the units went over.

Yep. So everybody loses (except the boyfriend who by now has a new
girlfriend with waterfront property, a boathouse, and a lift).
But the "rules" were enforced and that's what the neighbors paid for
and expect from an HOA when they invested in their property.

I still think a Yacht Club is Bob's best option. Otherwise, a storage
facility designed more for boats than what he has now. There's bound
to be something around somewhere that'll work.

Rick

wrote:
On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 06:16:02 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

Normally HOA can use legally use "fines" for repeat violation of rules.
The fines can either be enforced by a visit to small claims or just by
placing a lein on the property.

From my experience as past president of two HOAs that is really not
particularly effective against your typical "worst offenders".
They ignore the judgements and the real deadbeats are usually upside
down on their mortgage anyway. You end up spending more money trying
to collect the fine than you get. In my condo we ended up being sued
by the bank who held the mortgage to stop us from trying to get a
taste of the scraps left on the table when the units went over.

Don't know if the problem is with your state laws, or your management
company, or your BOD's, but in my state when you take someone to court
for past due fees or judgments the person is responsible for not only
all past due fees, 10% late fee charges, all fines, but ALL attorney
fees. Normally the attorney fees jump up to %5,000 very quickly. Our
attorney has a 100% success ratio with collecting the fees, extremely
quickly. In our state the Condo HOA can actually institute foreclosure
proceedings for past due fees, which always resolves the problem, but
the homeowner is still responsible for attorney fees. Our attorney
works on retainer, doesn't charge us anything to handle any collection.

Now if your condo has a high percent of people who are upside down in
their mortgage, it is time to sell and move.

ALSO YOU MAY SUCK IT! Kevin S. Wilson General 16 February 4th 07 06:37 PM
Well, doesn't individual.net just SUCK. Steve Leyland ASA 0 April 3rd 05 08:45 AM
I suck!!! Bobsprit ASA 2 September 11th 04 06:05 PM
OT's really suck Jim General 10 November 20th 03 04:20 PM
you all suck Wyatt Earp Power Boat Racing 1 July 21st 03 02:53 PM