posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.boats,alt.food.barbecue,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default ALSO YOU MAY SUCK IT!

"shelly" wrote in message

ITYM ITAWTP.

Eh? what does this mean?

HTH and God bless. LOL!1!!!

I know these last abbrev ;-/

posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.boats,alt.food.barbecue,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote

ITYM ITAWTP.

Eh? what does this mean?

I Tasted Your Mom. I Taunt Anyone Who Top Posts.

Peer pressure and netiquette and all that.

--oTTo--

Default Most useful knots

Saw an interesting hand-out yesterday: Six knots every boater should
know.

Is there a consensus in the group about which six knots, hitches, or
bends would be most important? It might be fun to compare with the
group listed on the hand-out.

Chuck Gould wrote:
Saw an interesting hand-out yesterday: Six knots every boater should
know.

Is there a consensus in the group about which six knots, hitches, or
bends would be most important? It might be fun to compare with the
group listed on the hand-out.

These are the only knots I know, and they seem to work for all my
applications.

Bowline, half hitch, clove hitch, sheet bend, a figure eight (a stop
knot) and a Reef knot.

I am not including the knot I use to belay a cleat, because I really
don't know if it has a name. It is basically a figure 8 around the
cleat, and with a twist on the last figure 8.

On Feb 1, 8:46�am, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:
Chuck Gould wrote:
Saw an interesting hand-out yesterday: Six knots every boater should
know.

Is there a consensus in the group about which six knots, hitches, or
bends would be most important? It might be fun to compare with the
group listed on the hand-out.

These are the only knots I know, and they seem to work for all my
applications.

Bowline, half hitch, clove hitch, sheet bend, a figure eight (a stop
knot) and a Reef knot.

I am not including the knot I use to belay a cleat, because I really
don't know if it has a name. *It is basically a figure 8 around the
cleat, and with a twist on the last figure 8.

I hate to admit that I probably only use 3-4 knots most of the time.
At least 3-4 that have official names. :-) Bowline, clove hitch, half
hitch, square knot. Could probably do a sheet bend if I puzzled on it
long enough, but I can't remember the last time I had a need to bend
two lines together. Plus of course belaying a cleat, as you mentioned.

Chuck Gould wrote:
Saw an interesting hand-out yesterday: Six knots every boater should
know.

Is there a consensus in the group about which six knots, hitches, or
bends would be most important? It might be fun to compare with the
group listed on the hand-out.

These are the only knots I know, and they seem to work for all my
applications.

Bowline, half hitch, clove hitch, sheet bend, a figure eight (a stop
knot) and a Reef knot.

I am not including the knot I use to belay a cleat, because I really
don't know if it has a name. It is basically a figure 8 around the
cleat, and with a twist on the last figure 8.

That last twist is called a half-hitch.

--
Stan
JLH JLH is offline

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 08:50:50 -0700, Kevin S. Wilson
wrote:

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:04:27 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Dan" wrote in message
.. .

Thanks Dan. We *need* this crap!
--
John H

Lessons of a tragedy....Roller furlers suck Joe ASA 77 March 2nd 06 10:33 PM
Man it's gotta suck Joe ASA 0 November 14th 05 10:30 PM
I suck!!! Bobsprit ASA 2 September 11th 04 06:05 PM
OT's really suck Jim General 10 November 20th 03 04:20 PM
Democrats and Republicans suck Jerry Steele General 8 September 26th 03 11:34 PM