Default Mercruise 3.0L leaks

I have a 2004 Tahoe Q4 with Mercruise Alpha1, 135hp 3.0L engine that
hasn't been running good lately. It runs fine at anything higher than
idle but at idle it runs rough and then quits. When you listen to it,
it seems to hiss (I was thinking maybe a vacuum leak?) This boat also
has the Turn-Key-Start feature. Another problem is that when it runs
water leaks into the bilge. The engine has never over heated and
still isn't overheating, where should i look for a loose hose? When
it runs, water also sprays off of the belts in front, maybe the water
pump is leaking? Can anybody help me? Do you think it is safe to
drive?

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 2004 Tahoe Q4 with Mercruise Alpha1, 135hp 3.0L engine that
hasn't been running good lately. It runs fine at anything higher than
idle but at idle it runs rough and then quits. When you listen to it,
it seems to hiss (I was thinking maybe a vacuum leak?) This boat also
has the Turn-Key-Start feature. Another problem is that when it runs
water leaks into the bilge. The engine has never over heated and
still isn't overheating, where should i look for a loose hose? When
it runs, water also sprays off of the belts in front, maybe the water
pump is leaking? Can anybody help me? Do you think it is safe to
drive?

Probably a water pump if it is leaking at the front. Should be fairly easy
to spot by looking when running. As to the vacuum leak, spray some carb
clean around the carb area and the vac hoses and listen for a speed change.
WD40 will also work.

fixing chainplate leaks Frank Gerry Boat Building 3 November 19th 04 03:08 PM
Sealing topside leaks Wally ASA 16 September 19th 04 06:09 PM
Air bage & Leaks John-news-group UK Paddle 8 May 6th 04 11:18 AM
Tayana 37 Bulwark leaks mitch Cruising 1 May 5th 04 02:28 PM
Merc outboard leaks oil Ty General 0 July 24th 03 09:05 PM