Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default Mercruise 3.0L leaks

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 2004 Tahoe Q4 with Mercruise Alpha1, 135hp 3.0L engine that
hasn't been running good lately. It runs fine at anything higher than
idle but at idle it runs rough and then quits. When you listen to it,
it seems to hiss (I was thinking maybe a vacuum leak?) This boat also
has the Turn-Key-Start feature. Another problem is that when it runs
water leaks into the bilge. The engine has never over heated and
still isn't overheating, where should i look for a loose hose? When
it runs, water also sprays off of the belts in front, maybe the water
pump is leaking? Can anybody help me? Do you think it is safe to
drive?

Probably a water pump if it is leaking at the front. Should be fairly easy
to spot by looking when running. As to the vacuum leak, spray some carb
clean around the carb area and the vac hoses and listen for a speed change.
WD40 will also work.