Default I'm loving this Global Warming...

"Tim" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 23, 5:30 am, Short Wave Sportfishing

Mine stays green all year long.- Hide quoted text -

Astro-turf???

Nope, as my buddy in England told the wife, when she commented on green it
was. It's the Piddl'n rain. Always piddl'n rian.

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 21:52:39 -0400, BAR wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 21:31:36 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

Temps in the low '60s, reasonable humidity, winds NNW at 10,
occasional rain showers...

Man, this Global Warming is wonderful!

Heh, heh, heh...

Well I'm not. Watering my lawn is costing me money. But, by not washing the
pickup, I'm saving. I guess it's a wash. (Hee, hee,,,,get it?)

Don't water your lawn. It will go dormant in the summer and come back
nice and prettily green in the fall and then dormant for the winter and
then prettily green again in the spring.

Watering a lawn is a waste of money, watering a golf course is an
investment.

Nope. I've got to give the neighbors a lawn to emulate. They try.

wrote:

Temps in the low '60s, reasonable humidity, winds NNW at 10,
occasional rain showers...

Man, this Global Warming is wonderful!

Heh, heh, heh...

Well I'm not. Watering my lawn is costing me money. But, by not washing the
pickup, I'm saving. I guess it's a wash. (Hee, hee,,,,get it?)

You water your lawn?

Good lord man, don't you know that water is a precious resource?

Water your lawn - HA!!

wrote:

Temps in the low '60s, reasonable humidity, winds NNW at 10,
occasional rain showers...

Man, this Global Warming is wonderful!

Heh, heh, heh...

Well I'm not. Watering my lawn is costing me money. But, by not washing the
pickup, I'm saving. I guess it's a wash. (Hee, hee,,,,get it?)

You water your lawn?

Good lord man, don't you know that water is a precious resource?

Water your lawn - HA!!

When the rain is scarce, the government, God love 'em, will tell us not to
water. Then I'lll not water until we get more rain.

Temps in the low '60s, reasonable humidity, winds NNW at 10,
occasional rain showers...

Man, this Global Warming is wonderful!

Heh, heh, heh...

The wind machine out here is working overtime. Salmon in the ocean are
safe, as it is too nasty of seas to go out. Off to the lake with a couple
of buddies tomorrow. We were supposed to be in a salmon tourney, that was
postponed.

Tim Tim is offline

On Jun 22, 10:44 pm, "CalifBill" wrote:
"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote in messagenews:aofo73tb936k4c11co60lddavfqr3t6k1e@4ax .com...

Temps in the low '60s, reasonable humidity, winds NNW at 10,
occasional rain showers...

Man, this Global Warming is wonderful!

Heh, heh, heh...

The wind machine out here is working overtime. Salmon in the ocean are
safe, as it is too nasty of seas to go out. Off to the lake with a couple
of buddies tomorrow. We were supposed to be in a salmon tourney, that was
postponed.

Right now, it's 75 with a light east breez probably 5 mph. with an
expected light shower tonight with a low of 68. tomorrow, high of 87
and low humidity.

HK HK is offline

JR North wrote:
(Sigh)....another gloomy weekend in Seattle. Low '60's, cloudy, showers.
JR

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

Temps in the low '60s, reasonable humidity, winds NNW at 10,
occasional rain showers...

Man, this Global Warming is wonderful!

Heh, heh, heh...

Isn't that your predominate weather all year long?

HK wrote:
JR North wrote:
(Sigh)....another gloomy weekend in Seattle. Low '60's, cloudy,
showers.

Isn't that your predominate weather all year long?

Summer starts ~July 5th... It'll clear up a bit.

On Jun 22, 2:31?pm, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
Temps in the low '60s, reasonable humidity, winds NNW at 10,
occasional rain showers...

Man, this Global Warming is wonderful!

Heh, heh, heh...

Just got back from Alaska.

On one leg of our cruise ship vacation we motored up Endicott Arm,
(east of Juneau) and got up fairly close to the Daws glacier. (Got to
hand it to the Captain, I would never have thought anybody would
attempt to run a vessel of that size up through a snakey fjord filled
with ice bergs, but he did).

A lot of the passengers on this cruise seemed to hail from the south
and the midwest. Every time a whale would spout or somebody would spot
an eagle, a dolphin, etc there would be a chorus of oohs and aahs and
cameras would be snapping madly. (The scenery was a lot like Puget
Sound or SW BC, only a lot less populated, so it wasn't quite as
stunning or surprising for residents of the Pacific NW).

While stopped in sight of the glacier, one of the ship's Norwegian
officers gave a lecture over the PA system about glaciers. How they
form, why they're blue at the bottom, how many there are, etc.
Everybody listened with at least moderate interest until the officer
began mentioning the number of glaciers that have retreated
substantially or disappeared in Glacier National Park during the last
several years. You would have thought he had announced, "We support
Hillary for president." The crowd got pretty lippy. Comments like "Who
the hell is up on the bridge, Al Gore?" (and some worse) were
frequently heard. It was pretty obvious that the negative reaction was
*political*, not scientific.

The telling moment, for me, occured when the officer mentioned that
"as recently as 10,000 years ago much of the earth was covered by a
sheet of ice." Once person standing immediately behind me grumbled
"Not according to the Bible!", and another bystander confirmed that
sentiment by stating, "I guess it all depends on what you believe."
Indeed. As always, a solid belief or disbelief is unlikely to be
swayed by anything as trivial as actual evidence- on either side of
the question.