Default Yo - youse four stroke outboard types...

What are you guys getting for fuel efficiency on your four strokers?
In Gph if you please.

What about maintenance costs - general operating costs?

It would appear that I might have to switch out of ETEC and go with
#$%^$%%^#$^$%#$%$^&* Yamaha's or Suzuki's to get the boat I want.
Which annoys me no end.

No, I will not go with Mercury under ANY circumstances.

What are you guys getting for fuel efficiency on your four strokers?
In Gph if you please.

What about maintenance costs - general operating costs?

It would appear that I might have to switch out of ETEC and go with
#$%^$%%^#$^$%#$%$^&* Yamaha's or Suzuki's to get the boat I want.
Which annoys me no end.

No, I will not go with Mercury under ANY circumstances.

The boat you want only comes with 4-stroke? Or...what?

My motor's only 15 hp. I don't think the numbers would be of much use to
you.

HK HK is offline

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
What are you guys getting for fuel efficiency on your four strokers?
In Gph if you please.

What about maintenance costs - general operating costs?

It would appear that I might have to switch out of ETEC and go with
#$%^$%%^#$^$%#$%$^&* Yamaha's or Suzuki's to get the boat I want.
Which annoys me no end.

No, I will not go with Mercury under ANY circumstances.

I burn about 10gph pushing my Parker at 28-30 mph. The rig is over 7000
pounds with engine, fuel, and a couple guys aboard.

I haven't had any "maintenance costs" on the engine, other than end of
season winterizing. That is, nothing has busted or needed adjustment.
RCE RCE is offline

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

No, I will not go with Mercury under ANY circumstances.

That's too bad. You mighta liked this: (3, 275 horse, supercharged Merc 4
strokes)
and I might'a been able to arrange a "deal" for you.

http://www.yellowfinyachts.com/maps/36overhead.jpg

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

RCE wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

No, I will not go with Mercury under ANY circumstances.

That's too bad. You mighta liked this: (3, 275 horse, supercharged Merc 4
strokes)
and I might'a been able to arrange a "deal" for you.

http://www.yellowfinyachts.com/maps/36overhead.jpg

Eisboch

What a pig and waste of resources. But I'm sure our Chuck could justify it.

On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 08:54:23 -0400, HK wrote:

RCE wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

No, I will not go with Mercury under ANY circumstances.

That's too bad. You mighta liked this: (3, 275 horse, supercharged Merc 4
strokes)
and I might'a been able to arrange a "deal" for you.

http://www.yellowfinyachts.com/maps/36overhead.jpg

Eisboch

What a pig and waste of resources. But I'm sure our Chuck could justify it.

Harry, your personal attacks make you a man worth reading. What a guy!

What are you guys getting for fuel efficiency on your four strokers?
In Gph if you please.

*Twin* Yamaha F250's

4100 RPM. 30 mph. 20-21 gph.

5600 RPM WOT. 46 mph. 42 gph

What about maintenance costs - general operating costs?

100 hour service w/out water pump impellers: $285
w/ water pump impellers: $500

I do them myself for about $80/engine using all Yamaha components (fuel
filters, oil filters, Yamalube, hi-perf gear oil)

It would appear that I might have to switch out of ETEC and go with
#$%^$%%^#$^$%#$%$^&* Yamaha's or Suzuki's to get the boat I want.
Which annoys me no end.

I have Yamaha's, and my dad has a Suzuki F250. I repowered with Yamaha's
because that is the OEM engine on Grady Whites and I figured that it would
be better for resale, and I could use the original gauges and controls. But
the Suzuki is a terrific engine (16" prop and lower gearing provides better
low speed maneuverability).

Which dealer is closer/better?
Which is going to give you the better deal?

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 12:03:20 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing penned the
following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

What are you guys getting for fuel efficiency on your four strokers?
In Gph if you please.

About 10 GPH and that translates to almost 2.5 MPG. I could probably
do a little better, but the boat rides well at that consumption.

What about maintenance costs - general operating costs?

I don't know.... haven't had any other than oil and filters. Oh...
forgot.... about $40 for 2 new anodes when the boat wasn't trailered.

It would appear that I might have to switch out of ETEC and go with
#$%^$%%^#$^$%#$%$^&* Yamaha's or Suzuki's to get the boat I want.
Which annoys me no end.

I agree.... it is pretty wrong.....

No, I will not go with Mercury under ANY circumstances.

There are almost no Mercurys around here in the salt. Maybe just good
memories or maybe it is still a good idea.......

Mercury has a pretty good program with charter captains down here. The
Verados and Optimaxes are pretty good engines.

RCE RCE is offline

"NOYB" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Mercury has a pretty good program with charter captains down here. The
Verados and Optimaxes are pretty good engines.

I don't know about the Optimaxes, but I can attest to the fact that the
supercharged Verados are kick-ass.

Eisboch

"RCE" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Mercury has a pretty good program with charter captains down here. The
Verados and Optimaxes are pretty good engines.

I don't know about the Optimaxes, but I can attest to the fact that the
supercharged Verados are kick-ass.

Eisboch

Zzzzzzzzzz...........big motors are for pansies.

God-like fishing prowess is kick ass.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...r/P5230047.jpg

They said a may fly wouldn't work on the surface over 20 feet of water. They
were wrong, whoever they are.